Gimme Some Tassel: A Grad Trip Report

I was in that same spot in March and I thought the view was perfect until a dad put his child on his shoulders. Ugh.

7 Likes

Love the TR so far…this is my DD’s dream trip…her Mom taking her for her Graduation…she says she may let me tag along, lol.

Looks like yall are having a magical time. Can’t wait to read the rest.

4 Likes

You guys are having the funnest day! I wish I was riding Soarin’ right now…

Did you eat anything tasty at F&G?

4 Likes

No F&G. Got to EP just in time for Harmonious and then hit Test Track, Soarin, and Spaceship Earth. Also got in a quick visit with the friend I had hoped to visit with earlier when he turned up at Epcot tonight too.

It was a nice relaxed evening!

19 Likes

15 Likes

20 Likes

And now this…

17 Likes

Is it everything I hoped it would be?

2 Likes

Well. It’s very very good. But it’s not as coconutty as I was hoping. It tastes like the regular chocolate chip with a few slivers of coconut on top.
So it’s delicious but not what we were hoping for. I won’t go out of my way to go back

5 Likes

Oh boo. That is disappointing.

1 Like

Any thoughts about the extended hours at Epcot? Did it seem a lot less crowded or did the fact everyone was there for Harmonious for the first hour make it seem pretty normal (even if not everyone could go on rides)?

1 Like

Looks like another fab day!

3 Likes

The lines were very short. The issue - and I’ve heard it said before - is that the things are far from each other. The other issue was that after harmonious the hoardes of people trying to leave slowed us down moving from place to place. We got the three attractions in but just barely (we boarded Spaceship Earth at 1052p).

You might get one more in if you don’t watch Harmonious because by watching that we really didn’t get started until 930p.

8 Likes

So the extra hours queues are pretty non-existent then?

Edited to add- And I’ve just seen you answer this in a later post :relaxed:

We actually really enjoyed it. But the layout of Epcot makes it hard to use the time efficiently

5 Likes

That was unnecessarily stressful at fucking 7am on vacation.

15 Likes

It’s not just the requirement to be up at that time as the need to hand over more than sixty dollars. I’ve never seen it in black and white like that.

I’ve just been reading a story in the Financial Times about how even wealthy Americans (earning over $100,000) are cutting back on non-essentials. Once all the revenge travel has worked its way through the system Disney is going to be facing some major challenges. It will have to make changes. I wouldn’t want to be a Disney stockholder right now.

13 Likes

This is beginning already. Discounts have returned - and you don’t offer discounts if you’re selling all the rooms :wink:

13 Likes

We’ll be in the same park today! We aren’t riding any Star Wars rides so my genie selection this morning was fine. I actually had to refresh SDD a couple of times to get and afternoon time.

9 Likes

We would get along.

6 Likes