Gimme Some Tassel: A Grad Trip Report

Well hello, good readers, and thank you (already) for coming to my TED talk, er, trip report!

Today my family will head off on our latest WDW adventure, this time celebrating my DD18’s high school graduation! I have peppered my plans with a couple of days of G+ use so it seemed fitting that the title of this graduation celebration trip comes straight out of the Genie’s mouth: gimme some tassel!

We asked DD18 to help make a lot of the choices for this visit, and I have infused the trip with a surprise or two as well. She chose a split stay at our home resort OKW and AKL-Kidani. At both resorts we will be in a 1br unit, but a surprise for her is that I got us a savanna view at Kidani vs the standard view she thought we were getting :slight_smile: We have two Capture Your Moment sessions planned for castle and cap pics - the first is tomorrow, and the other is Wednesday morning which is really just a backup in case of bad weather or unsatisfactory photos. She asked for 'Ohana for her main celebration meal, and we’ll enjoy that on our last night. And I have secured us a Startlight Safari which nobody but me (and all of you) knows about. We are aiming for 4P1D around mid-trip, and have a round of golf (9 holes) booked for Monday. It’s awesome to me that, even though we’ve been fortunate to go often, we always find something new to do! It’s going to be a fun trip!

Travelers on this trip will be me (47), DH (days from 52), DD18 (just!), and DS14 who happens to be graduating 8th grade! We fly down today on a flight out of MHT at 1pm with a stop in Newark which is new to all of us. We should arrive sometime after 6 at MCO and will settle in for the night at the Hyatt right there in the airport. In the morning, we head over to MK and the festivities will begin!

I hope you’ll follow along, chime in, get pixie dust in your eyes, offer helpful hints, tease me about Jafar, and generally enjoy an all around good time. I always love immersing myself in the trip reports of others - it truly brings me so much joy! - and I hope you’ll enjoy mine too :slight_smile:

81 Likes

YAYYY IT’S HEREEEEE i have been entirely too excited for you

5 Likes

Safe travels! And don’t forget to post some of the Hyatt palapa pics :laughing::+1:t2:

10 Likes

It is on the plan. Quite literally. Stay tuned

9 Likes

I love it! Great title. Now you must get a photo on the carpet ride! Congrats to your DD on graduation!

eta and congrats to DS too!

10 Likes

Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!

4 Likes

I am so excited to read your trip report! We leave in 7 days for DS18’s graduation trip!

7 Likes

Yay! And your trip begins on Animal Kingdom’s birthday–how perfect!

9 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Have a great trip! Kids grow up too fast. Enjoy every little moment with them while you can. DD will be so happy with the Savanna surprise.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to read this! I love following along on your adventures.

4 Likes

Have a great trip!!!
Congrats to DD
I will definitely be following along

4 Likes

Can’t wait to follow along!

4 Likes

:wink:

6 Likes

So excited for you! Sounds like so many special things are planned for your holiday. Huge congrats to DD (and DS) :woman_student::man_student: Safe travels and looking forward to following along!

5 Likes

9 Likes

When I saw the word “tassel” I was picturing a very different kind of event.

21 Likes

Sadly, my mind went there too :rofl:

Nice attention grabbing title! Props. Really looking forward to this trip report.

9 Likes

Ok so it wasn’t just me then…

8 Likes

Started with pixie dust just thinking about how quickly time passes and how beautiful this memory making trip will be for your family.

Finished by having tea come out my nose.

16 Likes