Gift card deal- New Englanders - just this week

I’m not sure if this has been reported yet- but for those in New England states who have the privilege of shopping at Market a Basket, this week only they have 10% off of gift cards- which includes Disney Gift cards. The deal goes through June 16th.
They limit the transaction to $500, but I was able to do multiple transactions… and had a conversation with the lady in the big booth, who happens to be a DVC owner and just bought some herself :grinning: :
Anyways- thought I would pass it on!
(Also- it’s not just Disney gift cards, they have others too. I wasn’t looking deeply but I did see some southwest gift cards as well, so I’m sure they have other airlines!)

10 Likes

Thanks! I am one of those crazies at Marketbasket at 6am every Saturday.

3 Likes

Thanks! I am NOT a 6am crazy :wink: but I can definitely get over there and stock up on some inexpensive pantry staples!

1 Like

Just like my dad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If he is at the Burlington store, I would know him!

This is good intel! I never go to Market Basket, but may need to make a trip tonight!

1 Like

No card or membership needed (like the Target red card)??

I could swing by. 10% is worth my while

2 Likes

I will stop by this week as well! Thank you!

1 Like

Nope!
I’m going to go back tomorrow and get enough to pay my dues.
(Today was for renewing my AP :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

Nope- Danvers :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s great! I haven’t seen many 10% deals for a while. I bought some from Meijer over a year ago, but haven’t seen such deals since.

I did apply for the Target Red Card in hopes to save 5% on Disney Gift Cards…but I received a letter saying I was denied…not because of credit, but because they couldn’t verify my Driver’s License??? Which was weird. But I’m not bothering to try again.

I’d love a 10% discount on the Disney gift cards…but…not traveling to New England for it! :wink:

1 Like

So 6am Liner meet on Saturday??

Also, I just saw this headline if anyone down East wants some GCs!

“Market Basket is set to open a nearly 80,000-square-foot store this week in Topsham, Maine, its third store in the state and 90th in New England, store officials said.”

1 Like

Thanks for posting this! I bought a $500 gc Sunday night and I need 7 more to pay off my reservation. I’ll take my husband with me a few times this week to get them. He loves going to Market Basket! Not really. :rofl:

2 Likes

Do y’all pay tax on gift cards in MA?

I propose a location in tax-free NH :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t think gift cards are taxable! But I will be in NH tomorrow…

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I just stumbled on this post and immediately ran over and bought some.

1 Like

Gift Cards are not taxable since it is assumed sales tax will be applied at time of redemption.

5 Likes

Follow me for more fun facts about MA retail laws :rofl:

7 Likes

Thank you for that tidbit!

1 Like

This should be its own thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: