Genie + , questions about use

Hi, looking for advise before buying genie + for the first time. Can I buy it at say 7am, then book my first LL, do I get to pick a time slot for the LL?. Then I assume 2hrs later I can book another LL, then I would ideally pick a slot, and continue this every two hrs?
Or does it automatically allocate a slot for the LL entry and have to be there then?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Welcome to touring plans! Genie can get super confusing.

I’d recommend buying genie for the day before 7am. The system lets you do this starting at midnight but 6:45 would be fine too.

At 7am, my Disney experience switches over and lets you select your lightning lane. You do not get to pick that time. You can modify your time though, if needed.

You can pick your next lightning lane 2 hours after park open or after you have tapped into your LL, whichever comes first.

Example: at 7am, I get a lightning lane for slinky dog dash at 3pm. Hollywood studios opens at 9am. I can book my next LL at 11am. OR At 7am, I get a lightning lane for slinky dog dash at 9:15am. I tap into that ride and can book Toy Story Mania at 9:15am for noon.

There are a million ways that you can play the genie game and it really comes down to what is best for you. Some people like to “churn and burn” while others “stack for later”.

If it’s an individual lightning lane, you pay for that when you pick it.

4 Likes

They have some great info here!

4 Likes

@hill1082 This ^^^ linked thread is great - but you only need to read the first post, not the whole thing. They keep that first post up to date.

It’s way too long, loaded with Q&A and discussions about things that have changed over time, so just read the first post, then skip to the bottom few, if you want to ask anything more.

4 Likes

Ahhh! Thanks for adding that, lol. I forget to mention it :grimacing:

3 Likes