Genie+ modifications coming?

Look in La Cava section for a thread with BG1 in the title.

2 Likes

It’s a fancy code that you download to run MDE in super-liner mode.

I know ALL* about it now after asking this same question an hour ago :wink::wink:

*literally nothing more than my first line :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

This is your best info:

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/new-genie-ll-guardians-bg1-link/86504

3 Likes

As far as I understand it, they care because a lot of their most valued guests (ie: those staying at the deluxe resorts) are not happy with the product and their vacation experience having shelled out for it.

3 Likes

In the unlikely event no one answered, yes you are mis-remembering.

You could only pre-book up to 3 in the same park. But you could then book anywhere you liked. And if you didn’t pre-book 3 but only 1 or 2, you could book in any park just as soon as you tapped into the pre-booked ones.

2 Likes

Hey, friends. I haven’t been around much these days… but is Club Level still offered? And if yes, do the guests still get to schedule 6 attractions ahead of time for each day?
Club level was never even a consideration for me until now… but if it solved me having to deal with Genie+ and LL, then maybe I’ll just save up until we can afford Club Level…

Yes, but offerings may have been reduced. See this article for more info.

No, there are zero LL reservations available in advance for any guests, including Club Level. All LL reservations are made day-of with eligibility for your first reservation starting at 7am (both on and off site).

2 Likes

Ouch, that’s pretty brutal. I’ll check out the article just for fun though. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

only if its at wdw (just kidding, a bar will do!)

I have to say after doing G+ a total of 3 days since it opened, I found that the best place to use it is MK. A good rope drop with a plan got me everything I wanted in HS, and most afternoon G+ in that park were sold out, rendering it useless (except if you wanted to go on star tours or see muppets). I didn’t find it useful much at EPCOT for same reasons as HS and there’s not really enough stuff at AK to do for it.
But for someone like me who goes twice a year and usually goes to each park at least twice, I don’t really NEED to buy it. With costs of life going up, $50 extra a day for my family, really isn’t worth it.

Here’s what I would like to see: Maybe eliminate the 7 am crap, and change it to 1 hour before park opening for booking your first LL.
Let AP buy it in advance please.
Change ability to book to every Hr vs 2 hours, or at least let you book another at park opening and not have to wait two hours.
Ability to ride something more than once ( I can see a limit, but once sucks!)

Unrelated, Early entry should be 1hr before park opening.

3 Likes

Currently with AK opening at 7:30 your plan just backed up first LL purchase to 6:30 which is even earlier than t is right now. That doesn’t help.

It needs to be bookable IN ADVANCE like FPP was.

11 Likes

Hmm didn’t think of the early AK opening. Good point.
I do agree booking in advance. I just don’t know if they will go back to that. But you never know!

2 Likes

Same. Our march 2020 trip we rode everything, never waited longer than 15m. Sure, it took me a few dozen hours of preplanning, but once i was onsite, the phone was in my pocket until time to grab a 4th fpp at the drop.

7 Likes

Were TSM and A2S sold out by the afternoon? The days I have checked both were available until late afternoon. I’m hoping to pick them up around 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm on our HS day.

Ugh. I hate the unknown. But adding G+ to our ticket would cost us double right now. I only want it for 2 days but we’d have to buy it for 3 plus a $15 ticket price increase.
But I’m also really afraid of trying to do each park in a single day with 7 people and no G+.

1 Like

A few dozen hours? That’s insane. I went with 12 of us for 10 days in a 3br at BLT and booked all FP+, ADRs, etc and it might have taken me a couple of hours and that was only because I built a shreadsheet and picked optimal dining times. Booking FP selections after I had our park days selected took minutes. Then I loaded everything into Lens optimizer and we had a great touring olan

1 Like

We got both late in the day. TSM I grabbed right before the last frozen sing along of the day and ASS right after tapping in at TSM

3 Likes

It was a bit of an exaggeration, but i really enjoy the planning process, so i do more than is absolutely necessary. One of the things i hate most about g+ is the inability to enjoy planning ahead.

7 Likes

You’re right. You could only book ahead in one park. It’s why I pre-booked only one FP+ on one of our days in 2019 and used a solid touring plan from TP to make that evening hop awesome. It worked because I knew the time in advance.

I think part of the intent of this new system is to help all of us enter a new age of not planning in advance because of all the PTSD from the past 2 years of ever-changing policies, ride breakdowns, etc. There’s a risk of too many changes within a 60 day window to plan at all. But in order to plan on the same day, they need a better system. I’m willing to pay for a bad one once because I’m admittedly revenge traveling. But they have to give at least the appearance of changing it to get my money the second time.

It really makes so much of the day a total and complete unknown.

OK maybe not total and complete. You maybe have a list of things you want to experience but you have no idea what the day will look like beyond that and maybe if you have an ADR. I hate it.

2 Likes