Genie+ modifications coming?

We go for 5 or 6 days and still get three good fast passes a day. We couldn’t get flight of passage or slinky on days one or two, but we could usually get them by day three or four.

2 Likes

I dont like that it penalizes people who dont go to the parks until the afternoon…Maybe by enabling picking of return times that would correct it (like you mentioned)

2 Likes

FP+ only benefited a SELECT few people…but those people preach how great it was. It wasn’t, for most people. It was smoke and mirrors. But I’ve written about this ad nauseum a great deal, including putting together models of the system, etc.

The only reason we used it is, with its introduction, you were at a disadvantage automatically if you DIDN’T use it.

I only had 60+10 for the last 4 days! But I was getting good FPs at 60 days exactly. And I found you could always pull a FP for a headliner for at least your 4th if not your 5th. It just took a few minutes of refreshing.

2 Likes

I’m not too worried. I’m guessing the changes they’re most likely to make (price and rule changes) wouldn’t take much work to update. Obviously if they go to a total pay per ride system, well, RIP.

2 Likes

My trips were usually 4 days at WDW until recently. I think maximizing FPP took more money (being onsite, longer trips, club level, etc.) than Genie+, which you can maximize the first day if you do your research.

3 Likes

This is very true…and is how Disney effectively saw revenue from FP+…driving more people into staying on-site.

To that point, shouldn’t Genie+ drive people offsite then?

2 Likes

Bring back the old system and charge. I know we had complaints then but in hindsight it was decent.

3 Likes

Hypothetically…although there is far too much revenge travel going on right now to make any type of assessment in that regard.

Well any changes to the current offering will be welcome…

my attitude is you cant fall far from the floor

Genie+ is terrible

Just hoping that the changes made will be enough for us to go back, because as of right now, we wont be

3 Likes

I agree…just make them ALL be ILL selections so everyone can decide for themselves based on crowd levels, wait, schedule, etc whether it is worth it to pay extra to skip the line for any given ride. The more popular attractions would cost more of course whereas the lesser attractions would be cheap but I would much prefer this to the current convoluted system where we have G+ rides, ILL rides, VQ, etc all with different “rules” to keep up with.

1 Like

I think I am going to wait for the “bypass the lightening lanes” option, where you can pay just to get into the Standby line without having to plan anything! :grin:

2 Likes

I am traveling with a friend in July and she hasn’t been to WDW in 11 years. We met last night to review changes and discuss things that needed to be decided before I start making ADRs.

I had to explain the four different ways to wait in line at WDW. As I was going through them I kept thinking how ridiculous it was to plan a trip right now.

Don’t get me wrong, I love digging in and doing some trip planning, but the sheer amount of information that needs to be reviewed, understood, and ingrained in your brain in order to plan, is ludicrous. I don’t understand how random/normal (ie not geeks like us) guests get to do much of anything during their visits.

9 Likes

I loved FPP. I was a ninja at it. I don’t remember ever using a standby line. Certainly never for the headliners. Throw in After Hours events and virtually empty fireworks after parties and I was a very happy bunny. Except when it rained.

15 Likes

If they would eliminate ADR overlap it would help tremendously. It’s one of the biggest worries I have at this point, besides the lack of availability later in the day.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that. Either your LL or your ADR will be flexible if you ask nicely and explain what happened.

But if Genie starts blocking you from making overlapping plans, it will limit your flexibility to get LLs. So I hope they don’t change that feature.

3 Likes

As I listened to this survey it occurred to me that at WDW there was no way to make everyone happy. It has to be a series of trade offs. I think tjere are a few ways to make people happier. But some people are planners, some want spontaneity, etc.

It is awesome! My DD likes it and Disney equally. Bring your own snorkel gear.

I have actually been meaning to post something about that here. This year my favebook feed has been as full of people going to Disney, as there were people going to the S. Utah Nat’l Parks last year. They all had a GREAT time. Seriously, over the spring my Facbook was filled with people loving Disney. Including my sister who had a terrible trip when her kids were little. Her 10 yo son told her the HS day was the best day of his life.

Yes!

For me yes. But there are two caveats. 1) I always did short trips, or had to book inside 60 days so was never able the best rides at the early times (if at all). Caveat, once I learned about the drops, this wasnt a problem. But I know about the drops now, so I rock some LL.

Now I have Green Eggs and Ham stuck in my head :fox_face::package::mouse2::houses::small_airplane::steam_locomotive:

You are the reason I want the update after my July trip. (I have a secret crush on BG1)

Sorry ya’ll I"ve been catching up on the thread in between back to back phone calls for the last three hours :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

What’s BG1?

(i did check the acronym post first)

2 Likes

We are here now. We are doing really well with G+ but ONLY because I am on this board and have spent tons of time studying how to “work it” like it’s my job. The casual “I just want to show up and go on stuff” visitor has no chance of being happy with it! But Disney seems to market it that way.

2 Likes