Genie+ modifications coming?

As you do, when you’re a fellow blogger :wink:

Imagine, if you will, a time when they might have had months… even a year or more… to fiddle around with this and get it perfect the first time. I know, all fantasy and fairy tale, but it’s Disney after all where all you need is faith, hope, and pixie dust. I wonder what would have to happen to bring things to a 100% halt so that they could do that…

13 Likes

listen, if you’re just gonna make stuff up… :wink:

5 Likes

:man_facepalming:

That’s fantasy. Nothing would ever happen like that.

6 Likes

This is exactly my point as well. I think you outlined it more clearly.

So a similar argument to the good old Disney Dining plan? I can definitely see an argument for the “all you can eat” G+ but the current one-price option isn’t even that. You can’t get all the rides on one G+ and it’s a weird Tetris trying to maximize them. At least if they were priced separately you could buy ALL the ones that you want!

4 Likes

If they had this my family would be completely content.

During our last extended stay at a deluxe property, we told several managers that we were dangerously close to canceling all future visits until things started to change. We spent a lot of money only to feel as if our money wasn’t welcome.

The only time we actually enjoyed ourselves and felt we got to experience everything we wanted was when we were on a VIP tour. And if that’s the case, I’d rather stay at UOR’s deluxe resorts and only come into WDW for the tour.

I’ve already pulled the plug on DLR too. Instead of the week to two week-long stays at the Grand Californian, we’re just flying in for one night and doing the tour instead.

I think they’ll be happier in the long run because I’m spending more short term, but my family spends a lot on merchandise. We spend even more on daily food. They lose all that money from a week-long trip for a 7-8 hour tour that will have no sit-down dining. In fact, we’ll probably eat by the airport before and after the tour.

3 Likes

Because they know, I think, that at this brief moment in time, guests are still “throwing money at the thing” and will be either 1 and done for the whole thing of a WDW vacation or will be one and done for G+ after they’ve done most things at least once.

Let’s don’t pretend they actually care about our experience. They care about how our experience affects their bottom line

8 Likes

yup, practically identical.

Oh, I know. Especially on the limitations side of it, but if they’re going to up the cost, I’d be on board with even a “You can, but not really” system of being able to ride as much as you want vs “E-Ticket Book 2.0”

3 Likes

It was very difficult indeed, and we could not have done it without adding G+

3 Likes

I would agree with this.

6 Likes

Taking about 3 days on average I think. That’s more than half of most people’s vacation

6 Likes

So I’m going to be a bit contrarian here. I actually think most of them do care about guest experience, I think many of the cast and even executives take pride in that (not the current CEO, which is part of the problem). They do also care about their bottom line, but I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive.

I’m going to predict that by the end of the year, we’ll all be a lot happier with whatever v2 of G+ is. Maybe not 100% satisfied (as we will still have to pay for it), but I’m betting it will be significantly better.

7 Likes

I want both options.

1 price for everything, and 1 price for a la cart.

And I want a pretzel.

9 Likes

The cast aren’t making these decisions. Heck more than half of them don’t even know how to operationalize it, honestly. The cast are the ones making the magic, absolutely

The execs are making our nightmares.

3 Likes

I want a Mickey Bar. Right now.

3 Likes

Me too guy! Hot up here in New England today! I considered ice cream for lunch.

5 Likes

I think this thread (and a thousand others) reveals the difficulty Disney has in making guests happy with any system they launch. In each case, everyone wants something a little bit different, and sometimes those are mutually exclusive. Throw in the fact that in each case, Disney expects to profit from it.

It really is a no-win situation. No one will fully be happy, and many won’t be happy at all!

2 Likes

Thank you for fixing that. Whew.

2 Likes

Im in Boston!..warm today

3 Likes

We should add you to the New England Chapter of Liners

I have a list going

(no I don’t, but I really should because I’d love to do a get-together sometime)

4 Likes

It’s an adage for a reason.

1 Like