Genie+ modifications coming?

correct. You are free to leave the park any time(obviously), but you can’t tap into your next park until 2PM.

That’s it? That seems really low to me given the amount of visitors per day. Or is this just a rough number?

You can book 2 ILL at 7:00 a.m., while off-site have to wait until the official park opening time for their desired park.

1 Like

Yes, I did that once myself. It can be a huge savings! You can just bring a day bag and spend the night too and that way you are on property in the morning as well.

Also, adding VIP passes (not the private which are like 2 or 3 times the cost but the group ones) was $1800 so in actuality I spent more by staying at Sapphire Falls and buying that than I would have staying in two rooms at HRH BUT…we have one day with limited time with a flight out at 8:40pm and EE was only for USF where there are no rides without EP I care about…so I really did it for a guaranteed Hagrid’s and VC without a long wait and not to save money. Therefore, I still would recommend a Premier hotel with EP for people not so time constrained as me.

1 Like

$1M a day for Genie+ would be 66k Genie+ sales per day. That’s a lot.

1 Like

Yes but I think that is high…Disney said Genie+ utilization rate is 33%…They average 160k guests per day

MK - 58k
AK - 38k
Epcot - 34k
HS - 31k

that would mean about 53k users per day, plus ILL purchases

1 Like

just seems like it would be higher with the amount of people that go through there. In my mind, I was thinking like 5million or something.

Not that $1M is anything to sneeze at…it’s just I wouldn’t think the company would think $1M profit in exchange for all the ruffled feathers they’ve created would be a solid investment.

2 Likes

That’s per day and just Genie+ (not ILL). So that’s $365 million a year just for WDW. And then you add in ILL.

But they aren’t happy because a lot of customers aren’t happy.

1 Like

Yeah I get that. But when it’s yearly profit is in the multiple BILLIONS (17B), 365M isn’t THAT much. Certainly not enough to risk creating an unhappy customer base anyway.

It’s kinda on the level of being willing to have everyone hate you for an extra $5 a day.

3 Likes

This is highly annoying. My kids are old enough now and wanted to try 4P1D challenge but it is exponentially harder if you have to wait until 2. I’m sure there is another post somewhere to complain about this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just anecdotal but I know a lot of these types of families and get all of their reports since they know I am a frequent parkgoer.

Without exception, those that went this last Winter/Spring were so confused and frustrated by their Genie+ and general crowd navigation experiences that they will not be back. A lot of them had not previously been at all or had not been in years so did not have a cushion of general goodwill to buffer.
I tried to warn/coach many of them beforehand but it wasn’t enough.

This applies to WDW only - DLR is entirely manageable as is.

5 Likes

Am I the only person who thinks just as many people will still buy it if the price goes up, then people will just be even more mad because they’ve paid more for a system that people hate? I hope they make some other improvements vs. just a price increase. Also contemplating adding it now to our November tickets in case they do increase the price…

6 Likes

Yes, I agree. Something needs to change to make it a better experience.
I think if they make it like fast pass, able to pre book, it will make for less cranky guest. Cause then you’ll know well in advance what your pass is for.

2 Likes

I may need to buy tickets soon too, but not sure if they are available for my dates yet.

Surveys are going to be tough to decipher, because I think most guests who are educated are satisfied with the results of Genie+ (number of rides ridden and length of lines skipped), but not with the hurdles that are needed to achieve them. Whereas a lot of the people asking for refunds are probably dissatisfied because they didn’t know how to use Genie+ (steep learning curve) and didn’t get much out of it. So it’s burning people from both directions.

They need some incremental improvements, but I hope it’s nothing too drastic. Personally, I would be satisfied with DLP pay-per-ride. Pay for exactly what you want, and only what you want.

3 Likes

Totally. In fact, I can see it going to a full $50 or even $100 before numbers actually start falling off. (blurring cause I don’t want Disney getting any ideas lol)

I think it’s possible because a lot of people think it’s needed, just like they thought you only got 3 rides a DAY for FPP. It’s pushed so much in the Disney marketing, it’s somewhat hard to forget that it’s totally an optional thing.

And this too. Once you get the hang of it, I guess it’s not really a problem, it’s just that there’s a lot of pressure to get over that learning curve as quickly as possible because you don’t want to feel you’re wasting that money.

5 Likes

That looks like it’s just ILLs. What am I missing here?

I can’t imagine they would be more positive than the review of Disney fans.

1 Like

I personally would hate this. I’d much rather pay a lot more for an all-you-can-ride option (or even a 1-time per day ride).

4 Likes

I’m curious why you would hate it? Just because you think you’d end up paying more?

What if they announced that Genie+ was going to be $50, or you could pay $10 per ride for ILLs for each major attraction?

Agree except the “1 time per day” part. If i’m forking over the cost of a kidney, I want the opportunity to be able ride the same ride twice a day.

few things were better than having an early FPP that was difficult to get months out, and then scoring a 2nd one on the day by sheer luck.

For me it’s the “needing to buy each time” part. I would end up forgoing because I’m more cognizant of that money leaving my wallet instead of just paying once in the morning and being done with it.

Sorta like “pay $40 and get all the ice cream you want!” vs “Pay $3 for every ice cream you get.”. I’d likely end up coming out ahead with the $3, but I’d still do the $40 because I gots dreams, man!!! I can totally make the $40 work for me, just gotta have hope!

11 Likes

Because I like the idea of being able to even save time on minor attractions… If I have Genie+ at Epcot and I’ve already ridden Soarin, TT, and FEA, then I would be happy to save 15 minutes on LwtL or Spaceship Earth. But I’m not going to pay per ride for any of those.

8 Likes