Genie+ modifications coming?

You mean FPP?

And that’s cause the interface is stupid. Which isn’t a casualty of user-amount, just rrrreally bad UI.

1 Like

I do have a couple of clients who are well heeled and don’t mind throwing money at Disney for an enhanced experience if they feel like the are getting return on that investment. But they are not the majority, by and far. And they will be “one & done” or “two & done.”

3 Likes

Yep. People w kids dropping 10k easily on a week because YOLO, covid sucks, who knows what will happen next month.

But it cost me $75 to fill up my hybrid minivan yesterday. This is all about to come to a screeching halt.

11 Likes

They exist, but they arent common enough to fill the parks. I know 3 kinds of rich people.

1. people who are rich because they dont spend money (aka the people we bought our house from, who bandaided everything for 30 years that we are now having to replace)
  2. people who are so rich they dont really have a concept of money so 30k for a long weekend at wdw is the same as 3k (usually these folks are the kids of #1s)
  3. people who have the money to spend but want a return. Ill give you the 20k, but it better be magical
6 Likes

I’ve never met a true #2. Everyone I’ve ever met always fell into the #1 or #3 buckets. They might not value money like you or I, but god help ya if you try and separate it from them without just cause.

2 Likes

I just looked up chapek’s bio expecting him to be a 2. Not at all. Hm.

1 Like

This is terrible. Genie needs a huge overhaul and this is going backwards, not forward. Now I have to be awake at midnight to make sure tickets aren’t sold out and then up before 7am to make selections?

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO WDW???

8 Likes

IT Tuesdays are going to be very interesting.

7 Likes

So what I’ve gathered from another discussion:

• Disney is determined to solve this without price increases
  • Variable pricing is not on the table at the moment
  • They are going to significantly limit sales after June 8, and then ramp up slowly. Anyone who has it on their ticket and goes in June is going to have a great experience.
  • They are planning a much greater overhaul of the system, but that’s going to take time to implement
  • If you want it for 2022 without the hassle, add it to your ticket now, before June 8.
5 Likes

Except if you have an AP you best purchase at 12:01am.

3 Likes

Yes, unfortunately. Although it sounds like they are really trying to prevent sales after 7 AM…

Yep, yet another thing to wake up and do. I wonder if: Can you use a Disney giftcard for payment?

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for 2023 packages to be released lol. Guess I at least know what day to get online for that.

3 Likes

As others have said, too bad there wasn’t some crazy circumstance where the parks shut down and then slowly ramped back up, giving plenty of time to either reinstitute FPP or come up with a new system that works correctly on the first attempt. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

I think their hoping more hassle to get to the booking part will artificially extend how long rides are available first thing in the morning.

Whatever changes are made, I bet it will favor people who already bought G+ with their tickets.

2 Likes

Sounds about right.

Glad I added it.

1 Like

Yes, I did this in January. I recommend having a note or email with the code from the card typed out so you can just copy and paste it instead of typing it all out each day.

1 Like

I’ve never met a #2 but I’ve seen reality shows about them.

4 Likes

I’m an outlier here. Of course, without knowing what their detailed plans are, I can’t comment with certainty. But I see this as a positive. I think fewer people will end up purchasing G+ as a result of this change, which makes the standby lines improved, while still offering the G+ to those who want to pay. For those who DO pay for G+, if they are limiting sales of it, then those G+ users will likely find it offers them more than it did before…allowing them to use it to their advantage better.

I get the 7 am annoyance part. But, at the same time, that will likely reduce usage of it further.

It DOES make the use of G+ a bit more exclusive…and I can tell by the comments above that people aren’t happy with that idea. But I think it is a necessary evil. NO SYSTEM will make everyone happy. But these modifications should result in those who DO pay for it (making Disney money) will end up with a more positive experience. Fewer people will end up using it, and I won’t be surprised to see Disney raise the price on it as a result…but I think the end result is an overall positive direction.

2 Likes