Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

I’m in the same boat. I LOVE TP and will never go to these parks without it. However, if you don’t tell someone there’s an issue then they don’t know what to fix.

I’ve always considered Genie+ to be something I’ll use in conjunction with a personalized TP - the same as I did with FastPass. Until I see something different, I’m treating my Genie+ / WDW planning just like how I did when FPP/Maxpass used to operate. I’ll have a TP and a strong outline of my morning. Then I’ll have a TP to help guide me through the park the rest of the day, based on standby queues, picking up whichever G+ selections I can along the way.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the real issue isn’t the program / app. It’s that they are charging for it. If this was free we’d all be hyped to play with it.

5 Likes

100% agree with everything you said!

1 Like

So, I am not sure I am understanding this correctly. Lets say I have a LL reservation for Big Thunder at 8am, use it at 8:15. Can I then get another LL reservation or do I need to wait until 10am? The faq seems to indicate as soon as you use one, you can grab another. So theoretically in my above scenario I could grab an 8:30 for a ride and potentially keep doing this all day and end up using 10-12 LL at MK in a full day.

I was worried you could only get a new LL reservation every two hours. I am correct with my above logic?

2 Likes

Yes you described this correctly. You can get another LL as soon as you tap into the existing one. The 2 hour window comes into play only if when you get your reservation, it is only available for a time slot greater than 2 hours away.

4 Likes

Thanks Jeff. One follow up. If you get a reservation more than 2 hours from now: lets say it is 9am and I grab a 1pm Splash Mtn. At 11am can I get another LL and hold two at the same time?

2 Likes

Yes that’s correct. You could even have 3 or 4 at a time if the first one is for 5-6 hours in the future, and so on.

1 Like

I actually wonder if they will release them that far out, or whether they’ll use drops of passes?

Back when they first announced Genie, didn’t it show wording like “passes next available at 3pm”? Or am I just mixing up the DLP system with Genie?

1 Like

If you do any weekend testing of this, I’d love to see the Twitch stream make a comeback so I can see how this works.

5 Likes

Not in batches, but in order is how it has been described so far. So, like DL. So, they’ll be available until they are gone for the day.

1 Like

I think it’s kind of garbage to have to buy 4 genie+ passes for a family with varying heights, how are you going to lightning lane with rider switch for example? What do you do with the rider who can’t even go on the higher height requirement ride? Can I buy just 2 genie+ passes and trade who wears the bands?

The whole point of 2 at a time was to help with this. I could get a pass to meet mickey for the little kids and a pass to ride big thunder for the adults.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m wondering about these logistics too with a family of three little kids. I want to know if we can rider switch with the ILL purchased rides… Does someone get to ride twice or is someone riding alone?

3 Likes

Great info! several of my coworkers were all discussing their “questions” about it tonight, so I’m glad I had this to reference to them.

1 Like

Yeah I just looked it up and there are 15 rides that older child can ride, but younger can not. Hoping to hear some feedback from the early users before our trip.

One option would be to swap magic bands midday. Then the younger could re-ride the younger rides and the older, the older rides.

Trying to pick rides and see whats open and not open, plus merge with what the kids can or are willing to actually do… Quite the project so far.

Here is a Google docs link if anyone wants a copy as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CNpHnZJhREg_QIRgAK6I2tzrE1sAsFFFgTz0Fi09TpE/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if I’m missing anything Major. Apologies if you disagree with the ride choices for the kids. they really don’t like single seat rides.

6 Likes

That spreadsheet is impressive, and amazing!! :sunglasses:

Note that Canada Far and Wide is currently closed for a F&W space revolving around apples.

1 Like

Thank you

Just got this in the mail this morning…

Too bad i am not in WDW to try it out. If you are a D23 member, check your inbox.

4 Likes

According to this link Disney won’t be limiting the purchase of Genie+

Do we know if you’ll have to pay for G+ to use the Individual Attraction Selection?

With my TP I don’t really care to pay for G+ but I’d pay whatever I have to (You win again, Disney. You always do.) to make sure my family can get on ROTR and Remy.