Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

Hey beautiful!! Good to see you :blush::blush:

1 Like

So we rope drop the tier one attractions during the extra 30 minutes. Or hop in line right before closing.

Remy is rumored to be BG too, correct?

3 Likes

Somebody on the podcast chat just said ā€œhow come I feel like we just rubbed the genieā€™s lamp and genie Jafar came out?ā€

20 Likes

Space220 was to open in fall 2019 soā€¦

3 Likes

Sounded to me like you could just purchase it in the days you wanted it.

2 Likes

8 Likes

For Disneyland Iā€™m guessing Radiator Springs Racers since they specifically mentioned that and WebSlingers in DCA and RotR and ??? in DL?

2 Likes

I can see all the A group FP+ attractions falling into that category. Remember the simple days of Pick one from Group A, and two from Group Bā€¦

LOL :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I wonder if Iā€™m limited to 2 paid attractions per day or per park? Can I buy two at MK then hop over to AK for another one or two?

4 Likes

Soā€¦Iā€™ve been to WDW 3x with FPP, but never DL. Am I reading it right that I could no longer book ANY ride in advance? That was a big thing for me. I liked knowing far in advance that I was guaranteed those 3 rides. We come from far away infrequently. Iā€™m not opposed to getting up early and having a plan in place to get stuff, but the stress of wondering if weā€™d get anything good until the day of would be hard on me.

8 Likes

The trouble will be that you need to use the park reservation system and most likely will not be able to hop until the afternoon. I am not sure if they will still have any room left for the afternoon hop.

1 Like

Ok, so if TPā€™s speculation ends up being correctā€¦.only two rides per park are expected to be in the higher tiered category. Thatā€™sā€¦.workable. RD one and park close the other. Or just suffer through the one big line for the day.

Especially workable if Remyā€™s and Rise both still continue with the BG thing. Orā€¦.will that change? Or do you pay to ride and then still have to worry about snagging a BG? Surely notā€¦

6 Likes

MaxPass was like this and it always worked well for me. Everyone else is in the same boat so getting an early start is still important and starting with the biggest headliners for your first LLā€™s. I prefer this to the 60 days in advance because I was never ever able to get FOP one single time. If itā€™s everyone going at the same time I think I might actually have an advantage if I read up on strategy

4 Likes

FYI on the YouTube stream, TP just confirmed with Disney that you will be able to get a new Genie+ pass after 90 minutes, or when you use your existing one, whichever is first. That 90-minute window is shorter than that 2-hour window MaxPass had.

20 Likes

That is good to hear.

2 Likes

Josh Dā€™Amaro just dropped a Q&A with D23 on Genie, with an example that makes it look like theyā€™ll be doing individual paid lightening lane on top of ROTR boarding groups:

Think about Rise of the Resistance . Itā€™s a highly demanded attraction. Guests show up in the morning and they try to get into the virtual queue. We get as many people on there as we can, but inevitably someone is disappointed. Now thereā€™s another option on top of the virtual queue so if Rise of the Resistance is the reason youā€™re at Disneyland or Disneyā€™s Hollywood Studios, there will be an option for you to purchase Rise of the Resistance .

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna need this in meme form

7 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if FEA, MMRR, and NRJ are left to G+ only.

Though in the livestream just now, they did speculate thereā€™ll be a ā€œcool-downā€ of Lightning Passes after you use one (like they said Maxpass has/had).

So, if you optimize your selectionsā€¦and with a 90minute cool-down of passes(time speculated)ā€¦ youā€™re looking at whatā€¦ 8 rides you can get on for an average 12-hour park day?

1 Like

The way I understand it, BG should stay but paid will get you in instead.

1 Like

Iā€™m predicting that theyā€™ll be monitoring / issuing Lightning Lane passes on an hourly basis as they did with FastPass and MaxPass. Theyā€™ll allocate a chunk to be distributed at 7am and then add more throughout the day as they monitor standby waits. I donā€™t think itā€™ll be any harder to get a LL+ after you hop than it was getting a FPP

4 Likes