Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

Which means less availability when trying to get a boarding group in the virtual queue.

7 Likes

Until that ride is damn near bulletproof, I don’t think it should be paid-for at all.

12 Likes

Would that be assuming you used LP for all of them?

Just the G+ ones, but yeah. No standbys, no extra-paid ones.

2 Likes

Sorry, don’t know how to link/screenshot/work with technology. Just saw this on that feed though:

Scott Gustin
@ScottGustin

·

19m

UPDATE and important clarification: WDW resort guests will be able to reserve Lightning Lane “individual attraction selections” starting at 7am. HOWEVER – there is no resort/onsite advantage for Genie+. ALL guests with Genie+ can book their first attraction starting at 7am.

3 Likes

My head hurts even more now.

4 Likes

They are sending people offsite with every step they make lately

18 Likes

Yeah
 this was discussed on Disney Dish. How are they gonna compensate for Preshow elements that aren’t working or in ride problems. If you’re gonna up-charge it better be 100%.

My only guess is that the “fine print” will say something like this pass only gets you “access” not a guarantee of anything

3 Likes

Where’s my meditation pillow? I need to come back to center.

12 Likes

So, each ride is costing you almost $2 pp (15/8). Or $11.25 for my family of 6

1 Like

My first thought about all of this is that UOR just got a lot more of my future $, if they keep things the way they are now. It was very easy to simply book a resort that gave us the Express Pass and then EP most things. Plus it was just plain a lot less people than WDW (we came during a crowded time and did both). To be fair, I haven’t been paying attention so if UOR changed that since Nov 2019 then I don’t know what I’m talking about.

10 Likes

Assuming the hours are 12 hours only, yup.

But I believe it is cross-park, so that’s a nice benefit if true

1 Like

I wonder what % of BGs will be reallocated to LP+
:expressionless:

1 Like

Just to make sure I understand
 There will be:

Standby queue
Standby+ = come back later & wait
Genie+ = basically MaxPass
Lightning Lane = “instant access” like DLP just started.

Do I have all the jargon right? Am I missing something?

I believe the Disney Genie will be the Touring Plans style app that you can use for free 
 The Genie + is an up-charge to use.

Honestly, at this point I’m just glad I paid for TP so they can figure all of this stuff out and then talk to me like I’m a 4 year old to explain it.

52 Likes

Being cross-park is a definite plus

My head is swimming

I need to make a spread sheet

3 Likes

So at 7 AM, I now need to:

• display the world clock
  • get my BG
  • get my 2 Lightning Passes booked
  • get my first Genie pass

Oh yeah, totally do-able in the 5 seconds before everything is already booked.

ETA: And this is for EVERY park day.
Lovely.

Does Genie+ offer a good divorce lawyer?

20 Likes

Señora preciosa! How are you today amiga linda?

1 Like

I read that this will not be in use or not even needed?

1 Like

So, is it 2 top tier rides per day or 2 top tier rides per park if you park hop?

1 Like