Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

So there goes $600.
it could’ve been worse

ETA: ok I give in. Let’s add in the Genie+ individual pass things.
($10-$20 x2)… so $30 pp daily?
My family of 4…
10 day ticket…

So today’s announcement cost me: $1800.

2 Likes

You purchase per day. Not sure if there will be a set fee for AP. When I got MaxPass with my DL AP it was built into the price of the AP I got.

But, I feel like the Genie + will be more useful in certain parks than others so it seems like something that might not be worth buying everyday depending on what your plans are. I look forward to the articles like “Is Lightning Lane worth buying for your day at EPCOT?”

8 Likes

I’m sure DFB will have a click-baity title for when they explore that :rofl:

If AP gets it built in (which I’m definitely not expecting), that’d be awesome

6 Likes

This isn’t maxpass because maxpass applies to all rides. Genie doesn’t. It basically applies to tier 2 rids in the old FP+ system and then tier 1s you get to pay for FP access to at variable prices based on demand.

7 Likes

Ok so wait. Let me see if I understand this. In the second video, the host said that the one or two attractions we can purchase will be different from ones offered as part of the genie+. So that means the most coveted rides will be stand by or purchase the lightening lane only?

7 Likes

Sounds right. So 7DMT will be paid lightning pass only. But Small World will likely be be part of G+

2 Likes

Ok, that Genie+ is basically MaxPass. It even includes Photopass at DL like MaxPass did.

The thing I suspected and still sounds like I will find most useful with Genie is it can tell me what’s available to do right now. So like if I want to get something to eat and haven’t made any reservations I can find out who has waitlists, available mobile order slots, etc. Then when entertainment comes back I can find out easily what entertainment is happening right now.

2 Likes

You are correct.

Effectively Tier 2 rides are included in Genie+

Tier 1 rides are the Lightning Pass rides, of which you can book two per day.

Whether the designations change from the FP ones isn’t clear. And only 7dmt was specifically mentioned at Tier1.

1 Like

And anything that has a VQ will be outside of Genie+ as well. The VQ won’t cost anything but you’ll be able to purchase a ride pass (at least that’s how it sounds like ROTR is going to work).

1 Like

I’m not sure I like this Genie…

9 Likes

There goes the advantage of your 30 minutes early entry into the park for onsite guests, lol.

They said “Coming this fall” numerous times. I feel like generally “fall” means October or later in Disney-speak. But the end of the blog says “Stay tuned to Disney Parks Blog for updates real soon”…real soon sounds ominous, lol.

2 Likes

Not really. You can ride 1 of the top tier rides then and be in line for another before everyone else gets in. Still quite an advantage, especially if you pick the Tier 1 rides.

7 Likes

It was built into to the highest and next highest tier at DL. IF they have a pass where it’s built in at WDW it would likely be the same sutuation but I kind of doubt they’ll do that. Maybe they’ll eventually roll out a set price add on to your AP or something.

1 Like

Do we know this for sure?

I thought it would apply to all, and then have a short wait just like FP. I was thinking the pay per ride option is instant access, meaning zero wait.

TP has some projections in this article:

2 Likes

So Can I skip Genie+ and only pay for Lightning pass rides or do you have to do Genie+ in order to get the privilege of paying for the lightning pass rides?

3 Likes

At WDW you’ll be able to purchase earlier and if you stay at the resorts you can book your first attraction at 7am. At DL it’s still going to be the old you have to be in the park.

Damn - really well done TP. The streaming webcast and blog up within the hour of the announce dropping? So glad to be in the loop through you all.

8 Likes

This is not bad at all and yay, they learned how awesome MaxPass was. And I’m actually super excited looks like I might get to use this in Disneyland in October! yay!

5 Likes

MaxPass only applied to rides that had paper fastpass.

1 Like