Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

That’s how I read it. But who knows.

Well instead of a Christmas party looks like we are spending $450 on Lightening pass for our trip.

4 Likes

Clearly calls for delegation.
4 people in your family
One person gets BG
One person gets Lightnings
One person holds up world clock
One person pees for everyone
Done

61 Likes

I guess it is fairly ambiguous, but that is what I inferred from it.

1 Like

It might take me until my trip in May to figure out what this all means! Seems an ok system, unless too many things are excluded from Genie+.

2 Likes

It doesn’t though. Standby lines are still gonna be a thing.

6 Likes

One of the things that made MaxPass a PITA was that you couldn’t purchase it until that morning and you had to be through the turnstyles in order to do so.

Not only did you have to rope drop to get on rides…you had to rope drop…pull over to find a safe space where you wouldn’t get run over, enter your credit card information and sign you and your party up…THEN you could sign up for your first ride on MP. After all that, you made your way to the first attraction.

I would prefer to avoid that at WDW!

Hopefully they will allow you to pre-purchase it for specific days to save all those steps on the day of!

9 Likes

True. The only thing that’s certain is that my trip just became more expensive

2 Likes

I just said to DH I’m going to have to teach my kids the system so they can get a lightening ride while DH and I get boarding passes for ROTR on HS days. Should be fun.

2 Likes

Yup 7 AM
Neat.
I might stop sobbing by the time we reach breakfast

7 Likes

but they close them once they reach a certain length… Then what, you wait for a notification that you can get in line or you pay to get in a virtual line?

I’m counting on TP to save the day/magic!

4 Likes

But think how quiet the parks will be because after 7 AM nobody is talking to anyone else EVER

4 Likes

The Genie + is basically what the MaxPass was at DL and costs about the same (it was originally $10 but I think went up to $20). I liked it. The one downside was forgetting when you could book the next ride. :joy:

5 Likes

It’s still FL w/ heat and crabby :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: there will be shouting

2 Likes

Why they gotta do this to my fave character? Should’ve gone w Iago bkz he’s evil and annoying and constantly demanding attention

13 Likes

I’m failing to see why this is a problem if the virtual standby line is going to be free (which I believe it is?). Are people that energized to stand in an actual line?

2 Likes

It’s coming full circle! We’re returning to the days of ride tickets

7 Likes

We always purchased out tickets with Maxpass on them, never had to buy day of. Also added it to my AP for the whole year. I guess it is an issue with previously purchased tickets (of which I have a bunch due to cancelled WDW trip). I love Maxpass though, very happy this is what they decided on for WDW as well.

3 Likes

RotR is confirmed to be part of the instant access pass by Josh D’Amaro just now

6 Likes

If it’s free it’s ok

Touring Plans live stream

3 Likes