Genie - Initial Impressions

I think you can see it on the park map if you go to the attraction.

1 Like

It is definitely like MaxPass and FastPass had a baby.

Since I know the hacks of both of them, I am kind of psyched to hack Genie some more. But really only for HS days. Not my entire vacation.

And sometime just for the thrill of the hack.

That said, if you aren’t looking to deeply understand and maximize the system, the interface is pretty simple. I know many people who will spend the money and will never know they could have gotten more out of it. But more = way more complicated in this case.

1 Like

This comes from who can book when? Offsite vs onsite. How long after park open is your cool off time? LL drops with morning times after distribution has been evening only. Right now it is not completely straightforward.

But I do think the concern over having to pick the next available time is a FPP vs MP thing.

3 Likes

I started to set up Genie to get to it, but skipped the pages that asked my preferences for shows and attractions. Once I did that, I could see every attraction on the tip board.

3 Likes

Not sure if this has been answered already somewhere-

What is the benefit of purchasing Genie+ for all your park days before your trip? Just the convenience of not having to purchase it after midnight the day of? Having it ready at 7am for ILLs?

Pretty sure it’s just convenience.Something to not worry about when you’re there. I know I would prefer to have it squared away before. But then again… seeing that hefty lump-sum at the beginning is proving to be a bit of a kick in the gut.

Doing it on the day might be a little less painful, when you’re not balking at the idea of a $30 Quickservice meal or $12 PVH pizza (I see you, @NoBellePrizeWinner. And for the record, PVH’s pizza seems to vary in quality. Somedays it’s awful, other days it’s not too bad).

I was going to upgrade my parent’s tickets tonight but then stopped cause I didn’t wanna plunk down $230+ right now.

7 Likes

I think it’s slightly less expensive for longer trips… I went to add it to my 8 day park hopper (just to see, didn’t check out) and it amounted to about $13.25 per ticket per day before tax. Not a lot of savings over individual days (if you plan to use it every day) but some.

Can anyone else try and validate this?

Hmm, not here? I was seeing 8-day PHs being $15/day pretax. 2 people: $240 + 15.60tax

Weird… This is what I am seeing…

Child ticket, maybe? I thought everyone was the same price but maybe the kids are discounted after all?

1 Like

Actually now that I think about it, this was a ticket that I had previously bought for a different, more expensive start date and then had to move. I wonder if the difference between the two was somehow credited to this…

2 Likes

I do think we need an updated, all the facts about Genie thread that can be updated (circling back to this). If anyone feels up to it- great! If not, I will try to do it this weekend.

I would purchase all at once if there was a discount like that. We usually go on 8 day trips, so that we arent running around trying to get everything done. I’d rather just get it on the days I plan on riding a lot of rides, its great to even cut down to 5-6 days of Genie +. They really do need to offer a discount of some sorts for buying all at once, or include one ILL.

3 Likes

Probably best to just link to a blog post somewhere instead of sifting through all the chicken-little yelling. :wink:

5 Likes

Blog posts need to be updated. It is easier to have a post that tracks booking times (on-site/off-site) and possibly start to track what times some attractions sell out?

Shouldn’t TP be looking to do that, though? It is, after all, part of what we’re paying them for. I mean, if you wanna do the work for free, bless ya, but it seems they could do it without having things getting lost in an echo chamber.

If disney was smart, they would add g+ to be scheduled for the day before, IF you are a guest at a WDW resort the day before. This is a minor benefit to some but i would definitely book a room for the night b4 trip instead of flying in that morning. Plus an added reason to stay at WDW. Some parks open (at least normal time) just a couple hours later than the 7am window. Not a HUGE benefit but we will see how this plaus out i guess.

3 Likes

Or lost amongst a bunch of other commentary. I’m betting TP already has started a database to track LL stats much like how they tracked how long Rise BGs lasted.

The issue here is the info we put out to help each other. @Nicky_S kept a running list of re-opening info, @bebe80 updated rise info. There are so many examples, these are the last two that I think of.

Honestly, I don’t have 3 minutes this week BUT things are changing with Genie+ and maybe all the info on this initial thread is not current. I think it would be helpful to keep an updated thread.

Not something I am getting to in the next few days- I am drowning and hope someone will throw me a rope soon :grinning:

2 Likes

It disgusting!

1 Like