Genie - Initial Impressions

The issue here is the info we put out to help each other. @Nicky_S kept a running list of re-opening info, @bebe80 updated rise info. There are so many examples, these are the last two that I think of.

Honestly, I don’t have 3 minutes this week BUT things are changing with Genie+ and maybe all the info on this initial thread is not current. I think it would be helpful to keep an updated thread.

Not something I am getting to in the next few days- I am drowning and hope someone will throw me a rope soon :grinning:

2 Likes

It disgusting!

1 Like

I had this same thing yesterday, adding it to an 8 day non hopper bought months ago. It was $100 plus tax, instead of $120 plus tax.

1 Like

Random update I haven’t seen reported here - Disney added a “Future Plans” tab back to MDE!

7 Likes

Ok can I just ask a quick question. if I don’t have a magic band. Am I tapping with my phone for the genie+, LL etc access.

I started a thread here:

22 Likes

If your ticket is digital then yes. You can also tap in with a hard ticket

1 Like

Omg why wouldn’t they do this.

1 Like

That really made me lol.

1 Like

I’m very behind and still catching up on this thread so apologies if this is answered already but I thought the LL passes were “next available” and you couldn’t select your return time so how do they get the stacking times to line up? In other words, if it is 9 am wouldn’t the next available be sometime in the morning? How did they get a return time all the way into the afternoon? Or do you refresh and keep looking for later times?

But what does it do? Does it also tell me my future dreams and ambitions?

1 Like

Implementation of G+ has definitely created a need to rethink your arrival and departure strategies.

2 Likes

I believe it shows you next available for an attraction. If you want SDD that next available could be a 5pm so you could add another two hours after park opening?

2 Likes

From what I can tell from watching videos of people in the park, it looks like the ILLs have the ability to select a time, but G+ does not.

3 Likes

In case folks are mostly here and not on chat, other Liners are reporting success with stacking LLs in the past few days. There are some informative threads to read on there.

3 Likes

Reports this morning on chat that if you look at “my genie day” and change the date to the first day of your trip, and then go to a TS meal- it shows the date you can book. Currently that date is 6 days or so early.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I wish it could do that. I’ve been thinking about going into a different line of work, but what? Who knew Disney had an app for that!

1 Like

Yes, mine jumps around depending on which park and which date! Ate people able to actually book early?

I think that will be the test but We need someone about 65 days from their trip to test it (without a leading reservation).

1 Like

To confirm, a late day first LL selection (grabbing SDD at 7am for 5pm) should not interfere with your ability to get your second LL 2 hours (ToT at 12) after park opening and subsequently tapping and grabbing your next one? Meaning that after your 2 hour cool down disney doesn’t penalize you for the late afternoon LL. I’ve seen some references to it elsewhere and in chat but seemed overly complicated. This is opposite to fast pass where you needed all of them early to tap all 3 and then start grabbing more.

1 Like