Genie+ Changes for Christmas

I mean, at this point I’m feeling kinda bad I’ve pushed my family into going next year. I’m sure they’re gonna have a good time, but I feel I gotta jump through a TON of hoops to ensure it now instead of letting them just go.

And it’s a very expensive “hope” at this point. :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Um, I’m with you here. I arrive on Dec 26th and this, plus the extended hours and the extended morning time are amazing to me. I shouted “well done Disney!”

Is it because they are temporary? - A big part of me suspects they may leave these as permanent changes?

2 Likes

My only complaint was deciding whether to update the Genie+ thread for these changes. I settled on adding a note on the top of the thread but not updating throughout. :joy:

5 Likes

The only time we will be in MK during Enchantment is on the party night. Had already planned to ride BTMRR repeatedly during FW as this has apparently become our new family tradition (so much fun!!).

We weren’t planning on taking party time to ride Space but looks like we will be hitting it then after all. I’m gonna be seriously cranky about the lack of that awesome holiday overlay, though (that one was for you @Jeff_AZ).

2 Likes

In the past drops have stopped during Christmas week. It is something to be prepared for.

2 Likes

That’s where I am honestly. I’m going in May just to get maximum use of my AP and bc I was able to string 5 nights together at Poly. Even if I spend a lot of time at the resort that will be fine. It’s definitely lost the Magic for me.

3 Likes

Well, $@&*(#!!

I don’t know how to blur out my sailor vocabulary.

4 Likes

In the reply window, click on the gear / cog and select Blur Spoiler.

Thanks. I was raised by a bunch of Marines. I do try to keep it under control around kiddos at work. :joy:

I never cussed. Then I went to work on Capitol Hill and married a construction guy-Army brat so I learned how to use the blur!

4 Likes

I haven’t had time to scroll through all the posts yet, so apologies if this has already been stated. Can I purchased Genie+ the night before for each park? I haven’t made this purchase yet and was planning to do so the evening before each park day, but now I think I missed something and perhaps they’re sold out? We’re visiting Dec. 25-Jan. 4. Fortunately I DO have park reservations.

No you can only book after 12am on the day of use.

1 Like

So if I want to add Genie+ to my tickets I buy it on the same day as my visit to each park? Looks like I have a week to reread and study everything (while also giving final exams to 175 high school students) :rofl:

Yes you have to do everything the day you use it. It sucks. Definitely read through the All About Genie thread to get the latest tips and tricks. It’s confusing af, clunky to use, and you have to be really strategic to make it work in your favor.

2 Likes

FYI - they are capping Genie+ sales.

I’m going to Disney 12/27 - 1/2. We weren’t going to add Genie+ for all park days, but rather focus on HS/MK days. With the changes, we decided to add Genie+ to all of our park tickets and reached out to our travel agent. She had to escalate it to guest management, and we still aren’t sure we are going to be able to add it :grimacing: she feels positive we will be able to get it, but we won’t know for sure until the morning.

1 Like

I couldn’t add mine through the website. Because the days are sold out the system glitches. It reads you changing your ticket to add Genie+ as of you are changing the dates and then the system freaks.out and says they aren’t available.

After being routed the wrong place, I was finally able to add mine. Good luck!

5 Likes

Wait, I’m confused. It you can’t buy them until after midnight the day of your visit how can they already be sold out? My first park day is December 27 so I have to buy the Genie+ at 12:01AM on the 27th, no?

Sorry! I now see that it was possible to purchase the Genie+ add-on for all of my park days in advance, but because I waited, thinking I would do it day by day, I now have to try to add at midnight and hope for the best. Such a bummer! I’m going to see if my TA can help.

They did officially say at one point it would never sell out?

4 Likes

I think what @heathernoel means by “sold out” is that the Park Reservations are sold out for that specific day.

3 Likes

I recall reading that as well, but don’t know if it was an official Disney statement or not.