Genie+ Changes for Christmas

I just saw this
https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disney-genie/news/17dec2021-disney-adding-moving-some-attractions-from-individual-purchases-to-genie-during-the-peak-holiday-week.htm

4 Likes

Merry Christmas :roll_eyes::laughing:

Also, EE is going to be an hour instead of 30 minutes.

4 Likes

I guess they learned a lesson from Thanksgiving. Not enough G+ return times to go around and sold out too quickly. This should help a little. Or am I way off?

3 Likes

I think that might be the idea. I suspect it will be easier to leave Everest as Genie+ before it closes?

1 Like

If WDW doesn’t halt sales of G+ on the highest attendance days, they will have to increase the supply of G+ LL passes and that will lead to longer waits in the Lightning Lane. Which will upset more visitors. Be careful Disney!

2 Likes

In the comments WDWMagic said this 44 minutes ago -

“There are some significant issues brewing around Genie+. I’ll have more later.”

I don’t know if I’m scared or excited!

7 Likes

Hope they extend this. I would love Frozen to be G+. But on the other hand, then we’d only get one ride since standby would be long.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the point of this?

They are so freakin tone deaf in those upper level management roles these days it makes me want to vomit.

6 Likes

ILLs were unavailable this morning, supposedly was coming back up at 930ish. I was in MDE and got a popup about it

2 Likes

And that was the administrator that made the comment.

:thinking:

3 Likes

Whoopsii

2 Likes

100% this. It’s disgusting.

4 Likes

There could be more changes coming too. :thinking:

2 Likes

Like scrapping the whole dang thing? :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

If those changes are fixes, that’s great and I 100% support that

But for some weird reason I just don’t think that’s the case.

No idea why I’m feeling so skeptical. It’s rather unlike me. I just am

6 Likes

Somehow I doubt it. :pensive:

2 Likes

Price increase due to the expanded offerings?

3 Likes

Bc you’ve learned from experience. It’s the latest trend (which is lasting longer than I thought it would sadly).

4 Likes

It it is bad news they will release it late today. It is what they do when they know they are screwing everyone.

9 Likes