Genie+ 2 hour rule clarificaiton

Hello! I have a question. Trip Dates Nov 5-12, 2022. On Sunday, we are planning on starting the morning in DAK with Genie+ and booking one Genie+ in DAK. Then we will hop to HS in the afternoon/evening. My question is, since we are starting in DAK with a park open time of 8am, will we be able to make a G+ for HS at 10am since it is 2 hours after the park opened that we made our first G+ for? Or do we need to wait until 11am since HS opens at 9am?

It’s 2 hours after the park where you made the first LL opens. The time for the ride you’re booking in your hopping park has to have reached 2pm, but at HS that shouldn’t be a problem.

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

@missoverexcited Do you know if you can modify a LL without losing it? So, if I book a 7am LL for 5:00pm and book a 10:00am LL for 12pm, am I able to modify that first LL or it is a use or lose at that point?

You can only modify the most recent LL you booked unless you are eligible for a new one. Cancelling your latest LL resets the 2-hour window. If you cancel your non-latest LL and you’re not eligible for a new one, you will have to wait until you’re eligible before getting the replacement.

Generally cancelling is not recommended because of these complications.

Also note that BG1 allows you to modify (by cancelling and rebooking at the same time) but in MDE you have to do each step separately.

4 Likes

I did this yesterday! Don’t recommend. Lol. Set me back an hour.

3 Likes

What @Jeff_AZ said. It’s a complicated business and I never did it. Too confusing.

1 Like

@missoverexcited @Jeff_AZ UGH! I’m attempting to put together a slide show so that I can teach the rest of the members in my party how to use Genie+ and Lightning Lanes. I’ve been building scenarios with follow up questions…it reads like something from a GRE exam.

My next to-do is learn more about BG1. I have the link to all of the threads on it, and I know that many Liners use and love it. It just feels overwhelming to think about learning something else that is new. Tell me it is worth it…

4 Likes

I feel your pain. We arrive in 6 weeks and I haven’t looked at BG1 at all. At this point I don’t know if it’s worth it, except I read something today which said it allows you to modify an LL in one step rather than having to cancel and rebook.

I haven’t even done my touring plans yet. It’s like I’m stuck in a quagmire.

3 Likes

BG1 is 100% worth it. The hardest part is setting it up, and I am a complete technophobe and did it in just a few minutes. It’s very obvious how to use it to book.

5 Likes

I feel all of this! I just did my touring plan for my first day in the parks (November 19 - Hollywood Studios). I felt so lost. I keep referencing Becky’s data about LL availability throughout the day and just guessing when I will be able to book things in the afternoon/late morning. Makes planning so hard. I know that having a plan is important, but it all just stresses me out. Before Genie+ and LL, planning was super fun to me. After we would get our three Fast Passes, I would spend hours building out my touring plans and loving every minute of it. The way things are now…it just feels like too heavy of a lift.

4 Likes

I made plans and intended to use the Lines app to add in each LL and optimise. I never looked at it. It was less stressful than I expected. Just know what you’re going to RD and what you need to grab at 7am.

3 Likes

Can I ask some advice about Hollywood Studios? I don’t plan on buying the ILL for Rise. We haven’t ever been on that ride, but I just can’t justify the, at minimum, $75 for our family of 5 to ride it. The Touring Plan I made keeps having me do a few other attractions first thing during Early Morning Magic and then getting in line at Rise after the park opens for non-resort guests. I just can’t believe that is the smartest way to go…but I truly know Touring Plans works, so I’m questioning whether to just follow their advice and go for it. I had planned to try to ride it at the end of the night, but with Fantasmic now back…I don’t want to miss that (We’ve never seen that either.)

4 Likes

Wow this is so great and something I would do! :rofl: Love it. Good luck. It just shouldn’t be necessary to do this. Genie+ needs to be 10x simpler.

I would check out some of Becky’s videos on for HS on the TouringPlans YouTube channel because I think she talks about the best way to get to RotR without an ILL but I can’t remember what it was.

One thing about RD is that TP assumes you will NOT be among the first to enter and that you will therefore be at the back of the RD crowd. This means you could have a long wait regardless of when you go to Rise in the morning. Therefore you might as well knock out a few other attractions first to save more time.

But if you’re really among the first in the park or are really dedicated to getting on Rise, RD might be your best bet.

5 Likes

I mean…I’M dedicated, but the rest of my party… =)

That makes sense about knocking out some other rides if my wait time is already going to be high. Thank you, Jeff!

3 Likes

I’ve only ridden it with ILL but I believe the wait does drop late morning.

So I just tried reading the first post in the pinned thread. And I still have no clue.

I assume it’s an app, or something pretending to be an app, but how does it work with the Disney app? Do I log onto MDE via BG1, so it’s like an interface?

I think there’s a vast chunk of info I’m missing, I notice it’s like a “part 2”, is there an introduction to it somewhere?

1 Like

It’s an alternate way of accessing MDE to book LLs and BGs - not ILLs. It asks you to log in to MDE (on BG1) and then it looks like this:

2 Likes

I think there are videos. I thought they were linked in the first post. I don’t think there’s a part 2, it hasn’t maxed out has it?

I thought the title “New BG1 Link” meant it was the second version.

But now I realise there was a link to a document all about it, which looks like what was shown at the start of the video. That will help!

Can you be logged into BG1 and the app at the same time?

2 Likes