Genie+ 2 hour rule clarificaiton

When you log in through BG1, you are logging into the app as far as I know. But anyway, yes. Same as you can log into the same account on 2 different devices. MDE doesn’t care.

2 Likes

And I bet your family thinks you’re nuts. You should see how my husband looks at me sometimes. They don’t get it

That’s me all day long. I know I should learn about BG1, but my brain is rejecting it. I’m still not sure about stacking. It’s too much. :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

For non-$ILL RotR, I think it depends on how how much of a Star Wars nerd you are. If you’re a serious nerd, toughing it out with the morning crowds is probably the best way to go, bc it goes down a lot and delays accumulate throughout the day and if you wait til evening to do it, you might not get on at all. OTOH, if you’re not a mega Star Wars nerd, trying near park close usually has the shortest lines. Going during Fantasmic would probably be a good time :relieved:

3 Likes

If G+ feels overwhelming, you might look into Standby Skipper. It autobooks G+ LL’s for you based on your preferences.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation. I struggle with information/too many scenarios overload. I struggle with buffet meals, for example. I will come back to the table with two or three things because my brain shuts down with too many choices. I can’t shop at places like Ross or TJMaxx because they’re too unorganized. My first trip to Disney where I stayed onsite. OMG! I was so overwhelmed. That’s how I found the Unofficial Guide and subsequently, Touring Plans. I need things broken down into small bites.
Im sure there’s a name for this disorder. :laughing:

4 Likes

I had a hard time with some of the waits TP gave me for our August trip too. Ultimately I just used it as a general guide and didn’t really follow it, because BG1 made our days easier anyway. The one that was way off no matter how close to the trip I got or how I optimized, was 15 min SB wait for ROTR an hour after park opening. It was not, ha ha. We gambled twice on trying at close. The first time paid off with a 30 min wait, the second time not so much but the ride was down for an hour due to a storm. So ultimately the 90 min wait was relatively short, but it felt like forever.

3 Likes

I can’t help with the buffet part, but as far as wdw is concerned, wanting to break things into small bites isn’t a disorder, it’s called being a Liner :wink:

Just take it a piece at a time, by being on TP and doing advance planning, you’ll be way ahead of the average guest. Perfect is the enemy of the good. I think as Liners, we sometimes set ourselves up for unnecessary stress by demanding perfection from our trips. It’s good to have goals, but accept that a good-but-not-perfect result is an amazing achievement at wdw these days!

6 Likes

I think part of my current frame of mind is because everything I knew from planning our last trip has gone and now I feel like a newbie again.

But then I remembered that actually I’d only just joined the forum last time. A lot of the knowledge I had about FP+ and MDE was learned from being there and, crucially, afterwards.

When I had nothing else to do planning wise I made it my mission to learn everything I could. I found dozens of fake touring plans which I had to delete the other night!

So I’ve started making my TPs and feel a lot better already. It really is a skill you don’t lose.

So I will embrace the new and accept @missoverexcited ’s view that G+ will be fine, with or without BG1. I’ll break the touring down and use G+ to make it easier. Pre book the #1 & 2 rides and then use it to grab G+ for anything we plan to do that day. If I can get BG1 set up it looks like it simplifies things, but if I can’t get the hang of it then it’ll be fine.

I will get my Liner badge back.

/self pep talk over

4 Likes

The best way to learn about Genie+ in bite size chunks is to watch Becky’s videos on the Touring Plans YouTube channel. They are very digestible.

6 Likes

It is so hard to feel that way, I was the same. But it was a fantastic trip and yours will be too.

4 Likes

Wow! It worked. Thank you.

3 Likes

My family totally thought I was nuts, but they really enjoyed the presentation, especially the scenarios I gave them followed by questions they had to answer. It went well!

As far as BG1, I set it up on my phone last night and it was a breeze! I completely see the benefit in using it and definitely recommend that you give it a try. When folks say that the hardest part is setting it up, they are right! And, @joelbruick has great videos for that which make it super easy.

7 Likes

Could you share more with me about this and how your found it to make your day easier? Did you stack LLs or use and rebook? Trying to determine the best strategy for our first day at HS. I really wish we were starting in another park so I could get the hang of everything. HS feels like it is high stakes with rides that book up quickly.

2 Likes

Genie + worked pretty well for us! My only real complaint is not being able to just pick a time. Often times didn’t progress fast enough to select one, around ADRs. I feel like we got our money out of it.

4 Likes

A little late here, but this may help answer questions about BG1. It explains the history, benefits, uses, and includes screenshots. You can expand the box below without leaving this thread

8 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

For HS we stacked, had a leisurely start to the day including lunch at the vacation house, and arrived at HS around 1pm with 3 rides ready to go within the first 90 minutes. We did tap and book after that, using drops when possible.
Edit: here is the screenshot I took - I’m not sure what is feasible currently, but this was in August.

4 Likes