Galactic Starcruiser Taking Final Voyage 9/28-30/23

This is potentially the best idea I’ve ever seen in the forum

7 Likes

:smiling_face:

3 Likes

As I think about mixing the ability to temporarily rent space-themed rooms in the afternoon in a world that takes place a “a long time ago…”, I can’t help but think that the, uh, “world’s oldest profession” might start to play a role.

Although…if it did, it might make Disney a lot of money. :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

A whole new twist on LARPing

5 Likes

We may need Jedi intervention…

5 Likes

Uncensored thread breakout detected :rofl:

6 Likes

Someone I know who’s “in the know” at Disney said they are kicking around the idea of making it a private clubhouse type building and be day use/restaurant/bar/hangout type thing for a couple of select groups.

Frankly I think this person is just being cheeky, but it’s an interesting take

I think the gen pop disney goers would have an absolute conniption fit if that happened though.

I know I’m dreading Friday, I have several clients who were going to go next year and now we are scrambling to find dates that will work for them to go before it closes.

4 Likes

Len and Jim said for tax reasons Disney may have to leave the building vacant for a certain amount of time in order to justify writing off the unamortized cost. I’m not a tax guy so I’m not sure if that’s true, but it seems plausible.

6 Likes

In 1200 years, England has had 62 monarchs. In contrast in only 234 years we’ve had 45 presidents. I’d be impressed by anyone who could tell you details about every single one the monarchs or presidents.

I wonder if, in England, US presidency is cover in grade school like English monarchs are here. I remember we learned only about the monarchs that were truly remarkable but we had to learn basic facts about every U.S. president.

3 Likes

Good question. I don’t remember much about many of them.

2 Likes

Ohhh!!! Thankfully someone else shares my OCD :rofl: I kept thinking- their out of order!

2 Likes

I’ve stated it before but it’s really the length of the experience that makes the price tag unreasonable to the average person. I like the idea of a “tour” like they do at other parks. You could include lunch and a bookable activity for a set fee. They wouldn’t have to do a lot to the structure. But how would this play out for also being a hotel? Overnight guests may not appreciate the amount of guests being bused in during the day. Or are you suggesting nix the concept of an over night hotel?

2 Likes

Me neither :rofl: But we had test on DoB, DoD, term years, spouses and children, birth and death place, party affiliation for all of them. I knew it at one point ,lol

1 Like

Can’t speak for English curriculum, but in my experience, neither was part of the Scottish curriculum.

All I know about either presidents or monarchs comes from pop culture :woman_shrugging:t4:
In fact, I probably know more about presidents than UK prime minister’s :flushed:

I honestly wouldn’t expect American folks to know anything about British monarchs, apart from George III, as referenced earlier, since he’s also part of your history.

5 Likes

Because folks would sell their creations??

3 Likes

Well, I was speaking colloquially…but we could repurpose those rooms as shops for those professions instead!

2 Likes

Well, the overnight hotel conflict will be moot after September when it shuts down, what happens after was what I was musing about. I like your idea of some type of “tour” with interactive things to do.

1 Like

I’d like if they moved some of the stuff back to SWGE that they took for the Starcruiser tbh. Len and Jim talk briefly on the latest Disney Dish about the things that were supposed to go into SWGE that ended up being moved over the Starcruiser. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

This would be nice…although, I can’t help but think that those are things that cost money without any obvious return on investment. It isn’t like they are struggling to get people to come into SWGE at the moment. So, if they brought, say, a free-roaming R2 unit, that is something that just adds cost without generating revenue. Which is my long-winded way of saying I’d be surprised if they end up doing that.

John D’Amaro made comments that would seem to indicate they don’t plan to do anything with the Starcruiser property for a while so that they can take the tax write-off.

3 Likes

Scotland is still rebelling against the English :slight_smile: I don’t recall doing much on monarchs, but I guess we must have done at some point! I am currently spending my commute listening to audiobooks on British history and learnt that where we live (St Albans) was the site of two major battles during the time of Henry VI in the 15th century (who knew!). It even describes the battles around the same streets in the town centre as we have now.

We definitely weren’t taught anything about US Presidents though - I am going to educate myself in the forthcoming trip by doing the Hall of Presidents for the first time! :slight_smile:

6 Likes