Galactic Starcruiser Taking Final Voyage 9/28-30/23

Just announced!

Will post the details momentarily!

5 Likes

6 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

3 Likes

I figured it was not going well, but I didn’t foresee them scrapping it entirely!

I am hoping they turn it into a resort where one can stay instead of just abandoning it like River Country.

What an awful waste of money!

16 Likes

Wow.
All that money to build it.
What do you think it will become next

2 Likes

I wonder if they will just let that property sit vacant, or if it will be re-themed for a different timeline in the SW universe? It must have been hurting in a bad way to just get shutdown.

2 Likes

So…does anyone want to go before it closes? Because I do but know not a single other person who would be interested!

3 Likes

Amen. I’m dumbfounded that it was scrapped so quickly.

6 Likes

They are not taking new reservations until 5/26 while they get everyone sorted who is already booked beyond the close date

2 Likes

I figured it would come at some point (certainly not so soon), but I also assumed they would just transition it into a SW themed resort.

5 Likes

My idea in the Disney Dish thread not looking so silly now.

25 Likes

why didn’t they just reduce the price instead?

10 Likes

Well shoot

They had been offering discounts. But I have to imagine that the break even for this had to be really high.

11 Likes

That’s…flppin’ genius.

ALSO… noooot too far from what Disney already introduced in Tokyo Disneyland where kids can be custodians. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was doomed from the start and tbh, i didnt know one person that thought this was going to work out…Its like the NBA experience in Disney Spring’s, big, expensive and awful ideas and had extremely short lives

5 Likes

I have a feeling they’re going to try and reboot it in some way, and devaluing it would have devalued the new venture from the jump.

2 Likes

yeah but the discounts still resulted in a high price. If the discounts brought them below break-even, then this thing was really top heavy from the jump.

that would make sense. A restructuring maneuver where you cease all activities and fix what needs fixed.

4 Likes

Glad I did it when I did! I thought it was a fabulous and unique experience but not a repeatable one at that price point.

14 Likes

This is the part that I never understood. I could not see people making this a regular thing.

9 Likes