Galactic Starcruiser Taking Final Voyage 9/28-30/23

:astonished:

What do you think they will do about this sweepstakes?! :thinking:

7 Likes

Yeah, definitely not. While it’s true it is repeatable in the sense you can see different sides of the story, be a rebel, a jedi, a smuggler or a bad guy and therefore get different aspects and holes filled in, the over-arching story is the same. So the big scene moments would be repeats and for $6K those tiny details aren’t worth paying for. Especially considering in one visit, you could do what hubby and I did and choose different paths and bring along your spouse to your various sub-missions. I brought hubby to secret Jedi meeting and he brought me to a smuggler one. So I got to see two sub-story lines and how later events came to be in one $6K cost. There are so many other things I want to spend my money on like TDR and DLP that I can do for $6K. I can imagine the majority of people who can afford this feel similarly.

10 Likes

Cruise’s Closed. 'Droid out front shoulda told ya.

23 Likes

Is that Wally World?

2 Likes

No, it’s Mog. Half man, half dog. He’s his own best friend.

7 Likes

Well Spaceballs I know! I LOVED that movie as a kid and watched it on repeat. My husband calls me a Druish Princess. :wink:

*But the image is from what movie?

4 Likes

That’s got to be Wally World…that’s a moose on his shirt!

6 Likes

It is

4 Likes

Too niche to survive for long

6 Likes

Super-idea GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 Likes

y’know i was just thinking this morning…it’d be pretty bad ass if they brought the Void back and put it on the Star Cruiser…

9 Likes

I LOVED LOVED the void. I’d drive my happy a$$ to Dallas (from Austin) to do every single new one they dropped. That experience was fantastic (and cheap compared to this thing!)

*The haunted one really freaked me out. I did scream and hold on to my teenage son at multiple points seriously embarrassing him. Also, we died. The monster ate us.

5 Likes

I only ever got to do it once, the star wars one. Would’ve loved to do it again.

3 Likes

Please say Hank will take one last voyage

10 Likes

I liked the idea but it was too expensive and too niche to be sustainable.

Maybe some of the cast can get moved over to Galaxy’s Edge for some streetmosphere which I found lacking there.

14 Likes

ALL of HS could use this. In a HUGE way.

12 Likes

I figure this would be the sweepstakes I win.

Although I’m not surprised at the announcement, I am surprised at how soon.

A coworker went a few weeks ago. When I talked to him about it last week, I got a pretty “meh” response. He recognized it was a splurge for his family but they did it for a celebration. However, he wasn’t rushing to do it again or recommend it to anyone.

When they first announced the concept, I thought it would be just a hotel and I wasn’t greatly hyped on that because it’s such a sterile environment. I like my accommodations more lush. If they did go “just a hotel” route, I would be willing to try it for a short stay.

4 Likes

My whole family feels the same. I worked a few “birthday party” places, like Laser Tag / Go-Kart fun centers. The Void would make an excellent idea for a birthday place / fun center.

You rotate the adventures every 3 years. You don’t even need IP. You can have “Space Fantasy”, “Pirates”, “Jungle Adventure”, “Old West”, “Haunted House” & so many more!!

That place would be sold out Fri. - Sun. year round!

4 Likes

Definitely!

1 Like

Yes, quite abrupt.

Could’ve seen it happening eventually but not today

11 Likes