Galactic StarCruiser opens 2022

It’d be just like now, I would imagine. All guests get treated the same on Batuu, and if you want to “progress” deeper into the lore, you have to volunteer to do something or say something. Stepping back ward and not engaging will result in them not forcing you to participate.

Conversely, if everyone wants to participate, there will likely be a random selection (like how the Rebel Spy is on Star Tours). But you have to first “volunteer” to be put into the selection-pool.

At least, that’s how I’d do it. Forcing those who want to be hands off is bad and only allowing those who are dressed up will not work either. It’ll be more about the enthusiasm for the event rather than how they look.

They kept talking about manning the blasters on the bridge. So, for example, what will likely happen is someone will yell “I need someone to run the guns! Volunteers?” If everyone’s hand gets raised, they will choose whomever (most likely a kid, regardless of costume. Cause…duh. :slight_smile: ) and if no one’s hand is raised “Ok, Auto-turret’s got it. Hopefully.”

3 Likes

Costumes are provided for each guest, so anyone who wants to dress up can. I’m not seeing the problem here.

I’m sure the cast will be well trained. Guests will be able to participate to their own level of comfort. I can see myself opting out of some stuff and trying out the lounge / cantina. But I’ll be reporting for light abre training early.

For their stay, or to keep? Will choices be given when reserving your room(s)? I’m so darn excited about this!!

The regulars at Renaissance Festivals here generally handle this well. They just work it into the narrative somehow. “What outlandish attire you are wearing! What is that thing attached to your ear and why are you talking to it while I’m swallowing a sword???”

4 Likes

I’m HOPING it’ll be like that one scene in Westworld where they’re on the train and get to pick out various items of kit.

That’d be so awesome.

The biggest worry I have is just the …let’s call it… “acting”. :rofl:

Troopers do that too. “Why are you doing with that datapad?”

4 Likes

My biggest worry about it comes from other guests, not the cast, making me feel uncomfortable.

If we’re on the bridge, for example, and our mission is to shoot down the enemy fighters. As a casual SW fan and not a gamer, I’m just as likely to shoot down one my own fighters or miss completely. I can imagine my DS saying in jest “you know you’ve just shot down Red One”, and some over-enthusiastic stranger getting snarky and muttering about that stupid idiot who just lost us the mission.

I intend to have fun whilst not taking it too seriously. I want to do the light sabre training, meet Chewie, visit Batuu and enjoy the themed “entertainment” by way of the lounge / cantina. I’ll absolutely join in some of the role playing missions but equally if the rest of the family or anyone else ends up getting too over-competitive, or I start getting tired of it then I’ll do what Han Solo did and head for the lounge.

Or…. Maybe I’ll sabotage the missions.:grin:

2 Likes

I agree. But, and I’m thinking mostly of kids here, I can see a lot of possible disappointment too. Actually, no, I can see some pretty disappointed adults too. Especially after paying so much money. I want to be the character I want to be with the accessories I want. I don’t want to have to settle for what’s left.

1 Like

I’m envisioning it being like a well-run mystery dinner or escape room. I’ve been to the first with a huge group from work and heard of many good experiences with the second. Lots of collaboration where contributions advanced the objective, but non-participation didn’t really hamper the participants.

2 Likes

I was talking about choosing costumes.

I think you’re right about it being like a mystery dinner though.

1 Like

I am getting the Fifth Element vibe in their storyline.

A spy with a secret that is part of the entertainment…Diva Plavalaguna anyone?

2 Likes

At the beginning I’m sure they showed some of the costumes. I don’t think there will be a hierarchy with them, all the guests will be dressed as generic SW extras.
I’m sure some will turn up with their own costumes, others will wear their shorts and tees. But I doubt the cast will treat anyone differently as a result.

I can see this developing like a murder dinner. A “briefing” during which the captain tells the passengers (guests) that they have been asked to help smuggle something/someone to planet Z. Unfortunately it seems they may have been rumbled.
Those passengers whose boarding card shows A should proceed to the bridge, those whose boarding card shows B will receive light sabre training, those with C will be going to Batuu etc. With a rotation similar to cruise ship dining.

Or maybe you sign up for the activities in different time slots, five different activities, evening day 1, morning, afternoon, evening day 2, morning day 3.

I’m surmising. But at the price you’re paying you’ll get the chance to do everything. With the backstory ongoing.

3 Likes

If I ever get to do GSC, I’m totally wearing a Jayne hat.

When youngest DS was born, we did a Jayne Cobb themed hospital photo:

6 Likes

I love that one of the imagineer’s name is Ann Morrow. I wonder if she’s related to Tom.

6 Likes

There’s no way I’m taking my whole family. They would not appreciate it anyway. It’ll probably be me and my DS21, maybe DH because he would otherwise feel left out.
I can’t even wait to do this!!!

1 Like

I’m in on the Jayne hat. Firefly fan here.

2 Likes

It’s not a free-for-all to grab stuff. You’d pick what you want from a case. Those different hats, in the scene, are all different models.

It’ll be like how you choose your magicbands. You go through and choose a selection.

1 Like

nah. :smirk:

Right, but wouldn’t there be the possibility of them running out of one or more of the options?

1 Like

Well with everything, sure, but it’s highly doubtful. With the price tag, and limited spots available involved, it’s a pretty low risk.

Like choosing which model of lightsaber you want to build at savi. They haven’t run out of any of the parts yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes