Galactic StarCruiser opens 2022

We already have to do that several times every time in Epcot lol

1 Like

10 Likes

Can’t watch right now given it’s nearly 20 mins, but wondering if they disclose a price point?

1 Like

Do you have enough money? That’s the question.

1 Like

So if I help that guy smuggle his luggage on board, will he get me a BG for ROTR?

ETA: Only much later would GreyingMouser realize it was this post that got him on the Homeland Security/Skynet watch list.

4 Likes

for this AND heat and food? probably not.

But then again… blankets are cheap, and dumpster diving is apparently a very viable option these days.

1 Like

Who needs to pay for heat any more? Thanks to climate change, we’re all toasty warm.

2 Likes

I really want to do this someday. But I don’t think I could afford to take my whole family on it. Might have to be a special trip with my wife or maybe a couple kids.

1 Like

Also, now that we know that you’re the king of graphic design, did you do that meme yourself? I’ve downloaded it and plan on passing it off as my own work frequently.

4 Likes

nah, stole that off the interwebs (there’s a name at the bottom, I think. It’s hard to read)

1 Like

That’ll photoshop right out.

3 Likes

William Henry

That’s not what it says on my version.

3 Likes

i think we’re focusing on the wrong thing here…

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

This just sounds so awesome!!!

no mention of price, but they did say full costumes will be allowed and encouraged sooo Batuu might be getting a bit more colorful :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m really curious if this will really work well for every guest.
How will they make sure that every party is as much part of the story as they want to be?
What if there’s a guest of the AmDram culture who arrives in full homemade Twi’lek garb???
Would they spoil my experience as much as I, in my faded Princess Leia T-Shirt, might spoil theirs???

4 Likes

i think looking at it as a “will [x] ruin the experience” will become a self fulfilling prophesy on that one.

Those willing/wanting to go “full immersion” will naturally gravitate to others who are and who will cater to that. Those that don’t will do likewise. I don’t think either will truly impact the other unless you’re looking for it. Just like at a comicon, I’d imagine.

They keep saying Twi’lek too… and they’re shown in almost every piece the concept art. I got a feeling Ryloth is going to be a destination/stop where things happen.

1 Like

I can get on board with guests doing that of their own accord, but how would the actors/CMs treat each kind of guest in comparison? Will the fully costumed guests get all the good missions??

I would worry in advance about the fact that on all our 10 or 20 rides of Star Tours none of my family of four have ever been the Rebel Spy. Now you don’t go into Star Tours just to be the Rebel Spy, but I would Go on the Galactic Starcruiser to be part of the story, so if we kept being unlucky in being the chosen ones, then I would worry about being annoyed by that.
ETA and I doubt it’ll be an experience we can repeat as frequently as ST!! :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

3 Likes