FW Cabins are proposed to be converted to DVC properties

I am booked at the cabins mid to late Aug 2024. How will that work exactly? Are we potentially in a DVC unit even though we purchased an OG cabin stay? :thinking:

I guess it depends when they start replacing them and how fast they go.
We haven’t got any timescale yet.

However when sales start and an opening date is announced I assume the DVC member bookings will use the new cabins. Any unbooked cabins could be allocated to guests booked through Disney.

2 Likes

Probably but the prices may already be jacked up. How much was it?

1 Like

Room rate was about $400/night

That’s a good rate. Doesn’t seem like DVC pricing. That’s what I paid in June with the summer discounts.

1 Like

Len has pictures!!

3 Likes

There was a permit filed recently for the old Reflections site, which had a list of 8 pages or so of cabin numbers attached to it.

Looks like this is staging for the new cabins.

Details are over on WDWMagic, thanks to users Danlb_2000 (who posts new permits) and DCBaker, on the Reflections thread.

3 Likes

Thanks @Nicky_S! I will follow along there closely.

1 Like

Moving a step closer:

3 Likes

Thanks for this! The important quote from the article:

" A similar timeline [based on Disneyland and GFV] for The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort would result in sales beginning around June or July 2024. It is expected to be the next destination to open, with DVC publicly referring to the Cabins as the seventeenth timeshare development."

Worth noting that I asked the DVC desk on the Disney Dream if they had any information about when they would be selling this. The guy basically said that all he knew was that it had been announced. He obviously told me to tell my guide I was interested but said “nowadays” the public knows more than they do with “all the blogs and stuff.” I thought it was funny but also definitely the truth.

4 Likes

Some people took the original announcement that this would be the 17th as confirmation that the Poly Tower would be the same association but if this is selling first, I think we still don’t know the Poly status?

5 Likes

Ah, very interesting nuance. I have not followed the Poly too closely but have sort of assumed the tower would be part of the existing association in order to help address “the bungalow problem.”

Also wildly interesting that they pulled a permit to sell this project that has not started AT ALL before the Poly tower which is going up before our eyes.

2 Likes

This does make it interesting. I am trying to make some decisions about buying more points, but will continue to wait and see.

GFV went fast. It will be interesting to compare properties with restrictions vs those without.

3 Likes

It looks like they’ve removed two cabins. Certainly not a mad rush but I’m curious what comes next.

I also read on WDWMagic that the picture of the “new cabin” that we saw was actually someone’s custom RV. Not sure if that is true or not.

2 Likes

Disney have confirmed that the DVC Cabins at FW will open in 2024, without giving any specific month.

2 Likes

It also still appears to be before Poly?

1 Like

It looks like it.

I don’t know how many cabins they will want in place before officially opening the resort. But I really don’t understand how they’ll have any of the enhancements ready given they haven’t started doing any work yet.

1 Like

I suppose it’ll depend on the size of their crew.

The existing cabins are trailers. I’d think the existing decks are going to be replaced. If new ones were built off site they could be trailered in and attached.

It’s probably a sure bet that whatever their target date is, it’ll need extending. That’s a lot of cabins.

2 Likes

So if we go by the list, the Poly is “late” aka before Dec 21 and Ft. Wilderness is before that. So I think October could be reasonable for my trip!

Disney Vacation Club Cabins in Fort Wilderness Resort at Walt Disney World Resort

Late 2024

Disney Vacation Club at Polynesian Resort at Walt Disney World Resort

December 21, 2024

Disney Treasure (Maiden Voyage) Disney Cruise Line

2 Likes

I did ask Len this during the Disney Dish live recording #spoileralert and he suggested that they didn’t want to lose the cabin inventory for Halloween and Christmas but then would start gang busters after that. So I guess we’ll find out soon enough in the new year!

4 Likes