FW Cabins are proposed to be converted to DVC properties

It also still appears to be before Poly?

1 Like

It looks like it.

I don’t know how many cabins they will want in place before officially opening the resort. But I really don’t understand how they’ll have any of the enhancements ready given they haven’t started doing any work yet.

1 Like

I suppose it’ll depend on the size of their crew.

The existing cabins are trailers. I’d think the existing decks are going to be replaced. If new ones were built off site they could be trailered in and attached.

It’s probably a sure bet that whatever their target date is, it’ll need extending. That’s a lot of cabins.

2 Likes

So if we go by the list, the Poly is “late” aka before Dec 21 and Ft. Wilderness is before that. So I think October could be reasonable for my trip!

Disney Vacation Club Cabins in Fort Wilderness Resort at Walt Disney World Resort

Late 2024

Disney Vacation Club at Polynesian Resort at Walt Disney World Resort

December 21, 2024

Disney Treasure (Maiden Voyage) Disney Cruise Line

2 Likes

I did ask Len this during the Disney Dish live recording #spoileralert and he suggested that they didn’t want to lose the cabin inventory for Halloween and Christmas but then would start gang busters after that. So I guess we’ll find out soon enough in the new year!

4 Likes

Linking this new artwork here! Sales this summer mean I could probably stay there in October but will be very interesting to manage a “backup” booking.

2 Likes

I’ll do one better and just copy the pictures.

I think it’s anybody’s guess where the bunk beds or the bathroom are in this scenario…

3 Likes

They look fantastic! I will never be able to stay there because of resale :cry:

2 Likes

Speaking of which, will this be available for booking by Riviera resale owners, or will each new resort now be in a separate pool that can only book itself? Same question for Disneyland Hotel villas.

These are not available to Riviera or DLR resale owners. They can only book at their one home resort.

2 Likes

Yikes, I don’t think I fully grasped that. Makes resale for new resorts even less valuable than I thought.

On the other hand, I guess it makes it simpler - you either book your home resort or rent out the points.

2 Likes

Oh, good call out. My SSR points are pre-2019 and thankfully grandfathered in. But I couldn’t use my BWV points (not that I would want to!).

3 Likes

Honestly, these cabins and future DVC I haven’t dreamed of, were what made the recent GFV and the new Poly the most attractive to me. I want to use my points there (But not my new BCV!). If the incentives are low enough I could see myself selling my AKL and buying the new Poly direct.

The DVC resale market podcast acts like there is no dow side to resale, but eventually this will be a significant one.

Jeff - I wonder what those resale restrictions will do to the market long term…However, I think you are going to have a group of people who only want to stay at FW. It had a strong following!

2 Likes

Oooh here’s a thought, right?

1 Like

Someone pointed out we can see the ladder in the bedroom. And the bathroom would be across from the bedroom.

At least that gives some privacy - better than the Murphy bed guests having to come into the bedroom.

But I don’t like the bunks in the bedroom. As stated elsewhere I want a master bedroom. It rules out the cabins for me, even as just a couple.

1 Like

Same. Probably won’t stay here, and definitely not as a family. Have less than zero desire to share my bedroom with my kids (or anyone else who might sleep in the bunks)

Though I would consider it as a couple, depending on the updated layout. The old layout was too squishy.

2 Likes

My teens want their own room too. Which in our family of four means they’d prolly take the Murphy and we’d take the master and the bunks would go unused. But when they were little it wouldn’t have actually bothered me. You could put them to sleep in the bunks and stay in the living room and then just quietly slip into bed when it was nighttime. I did the bunk room with them in Wilderness Lodge but in that case you have to be quiet when it’s their bedtime so this is a step up from that.

1 Like

I would stay here with my young kids, but it doesn’t really matter given that I won’t be able to book with my points. We don’t mind sharing a room at this stage, but I imagine that will change as they get into the teenage years.

2 Likes

It’s more that it matters to them. DD16 after our recent GFV - Resort Studio stay. “Next time please get us our own room”

But they are perfectly fine on couch beds so suites are fine. They just want a door (and honestly it’s DH’s fault they want their own room)

1 Like

To which I’d say, “ok, that will be $450 per night, please!” :rofl:

(Honestly I would take their preference into consideration but if it was beyond my budget it would be tough beans for them.)

3 Likes