2023 Condo Meeting

Other than the Poly news, the refurbs for BLT, AKL and VGC are all pushed back to 2025.

Although the slide said 2025 for BLT it looks as if it will start next year and be completed in 2025. The presenter said 2024 and BWV was also listed as 2024 on the slide.

Cabins at FW due to go on sale Summer 2024. More artist impressions of the cabins. Murphy queen bed shown, bunk beds will remain. No indication whether they stay in the bedroom or not. If they do it will not go down well with traditional DVCers who like their master bedroom.

7 Likes

Thank you for posting this! I have to look at my CC point plan. Reducing availability at that resort could be an issue.

:disappointed_relieved: to AKL delayed refurb. I guess I’ll plan on a family stay there 2026 or later…but with a new small BCV contract, that works anyway.

2 Likes

Some other news from the meeting that I shared elsewhere:

3 Likes

I noticed this last year. The product labeled changed to “Disney”, at least at GFVs.

3 Likes

I noticed this somewhere too - I think it was DCL? In any case, this is the first official confirmation I saw of what was going on. It seemed like an odd choice to discontinue a very popular brand, so I’m relieved.

I have never been one who particularly cared about the change from countertop bottles of the stuff to the wall dispensers.

But I gotta say, perhaps because of use/age/wear and tear, the last two times I’ve used the dispensers in resorts (OKW, Pop), they have been AWFUL and barely dispense any usable product.

4 Likes

They have to change the dispensers. I have had multiple ones where the dispense piece is broken off.

5 Likes

LOL what I noticed was this is an Alice & Olivia Dress that I was recently eying in red hence why I noticed:
Holly Asymmetric Ruffle Maxi Dress In Bright Ruby | Alice And Olivia:

2 Likes

The GFV dispensers were this style versus the pumps and were soooo much better. I couldn’t get anything out of the ones at BRV. I’m hoping they’re adding these to the new refurbs!

2 Likes

Those must be new. Were these in the resort studios? They were not in the OG DVC rooms at least in late August

4 Likes

Yes it was in the resort studio

3 Likes

I think we had these at Riverside this trip. But they’re not generous.

2 Likes