From Sketch to Render - a [dead] Trip Report

Hmm what’s this button do? Oh! We’re live!

Uh … Hi guys!

Ok, I’m a little out of practice. We’ll try to keep it live but it’s been a minute. And the last trip report was …checks notes… 2022?! Great googily moogily!

Right then, so this will likely be a disaster. (but then if one of these aren’t in some form or another, are they REALLY even a trip report?)

Annnnyway. Originally, there was to be no trip at all. Any who’s been bopping around in the uncensored thread probably saw I just had to drop almost $10K on a new heater for the house (that I don’t live in). And so it was to be killing all “nonessential spending” up until my big trip in July.

But then I realized a moonlight magic event was happening during a time when AP holders were getting 35% off… so on a whim, I booked a room and tried to get into the MM event. Rage-ensued. Long story short: Disney quietly changed their rules and I didn’t get in.

Buuuut the reservation was still good and given it was a fairly cheap stay….I didn’t cancel. And so here we are.

AND WHAT A TIME TO RETURN!

• PROPPER Park hopping is back! WAHOOOO!!!

• Festival of the Arts is happening (objectively the best festival)

• And not 1, but 2 opportunities for After hours! (yeah, in for a penny, in for a pound I guess)

Oh, during my last trip to FARTS, I picked up a lil (overpriced) sketch book and have done nothing with since then. So I’ve decided to finally use it, filling it with Disney character sketches.

Each day I’ll do a different Character using the YouTube “learn to draw” series.

45 Likes

Have a great time!

11 Likes

Ooh! Mickey looks great :star_struck:

Hope you have a great trip.
Looking forward to more sketches.
I hope you’re suitably inspired at FArts :art::paintbrush:

11 Likes

This is, by far, the latest I’ve ever traveled to Disney. Caught the last direct flight to Orlando for today and it’s already delayed by a half hour. Won’t be stepping into the park much before 6. :confused: but it’s ok… I grabbed the after hours for tonight so… that’ll be a lot of park time.

On the bright side, my dad offered to drop me off at the airport :hushed:

I don’t know why… ane it saves me a bit of money, so I took him up on it. We’ll see how well this works out. :cold_sweat:

27 Likes

I love this idea and have had a similar one. My version: sketchbook with watercolor markers doing rough line illustrations in pen. It’ll give me something to do solo while waiting for things and be a visual record of the trip. I’m excited to see what you come up with if you have time to share.

14 Likes

I’m hoping to push past my apprehension to draw in public spaces(as I’m slow and it’s often garbage looking until the end :joy:), but we’ll see.

16 Likes

Let me know how that goes. Like I said, my version is 100% in my head. Reality is another thing.

12 Likes

:tada::tada::tada::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

9 Likes

FIFY

Have all the fun!

10 Likes

Awesome! Have a great time!

10 Likes

Well that’s a switch. Normal TSA line is near empty, but the precheck? Not so much.

And flights been delayed again :weary:

So let’s go get lunch

16 Likes

Wohoo! Enjoy your trip.

8 Likes

That looks like DFW. OMG you are in…… DALLAS!!!

10 Likes

Actually, belay that. Let’s go upgrade our seating position

15 Likes

Hurray! Enjoy the trip! Sometimes you gotta do what you value most, even if it means a bit of a financial hit.
We weren’t planning to go back to WDW for a long while, due to some hefty medical bills for myself. But then I got that 35% PIN code… and decided to book our first trip at the Contemporary in July :slight_smile:

Yes, big bills give me stress. But, I value traveling and going to Disney and having a wonderful vacation with my husband. I’ll probably never see prices that low again, so I went for it.

Enjoy your time. Live in the moment. Savor it all. (I can’t wait to read about your adventures!)

11 Likes

From b33 to a5. Yesssss :smile:

17 Likes

OMG. That sucks.

8 Likes

Hope I can keep up. I need a diversion. Have a great trip!

9 Likes

Fixed what? What did I write?

7 Likes

Have a great time!

8 Likes