Frivolous question (you’ve been warned)

Would you wear knee-high compression socks with shorts (to the parks, in June?)

• Sure! Why not?
  • No way! Are you crazy?!
  • Um…Why would I care

0 voters

December sure, June no way!

2 Likes

I had to wear thigh-high ones during my 3rd and 4th pregnancies, and full pantyhose compression stockings for 2nd, 5th, and 6th. Like - I had them on the bed stand and I put them on before I even got out of bed. They were worn everywhere in every temperature. I was grumpy. They were so hot.

I always wore skirts or dresses in hot weather, not shorts.

Hopefully you are taking about the thin white ones with holes in the toes? Sightly less miserable. And if they are truly needed, NOT wearing them in June could be more uncomfortable. I wouldn’t wear them with shorts though, because say what I will about not caring what others think, I’m still sort of vain. If I saw other people wearing them though, I’d think they were smart. More people probably should be wearing them! I should probably be wearing them! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

The thing I love about the US, and WDW in particular, is that I don’t care what I look like when I’m there.

5 Likes

Well, so I said no way.

It’s the June bit.

But then I remembered that in January I absolutely wore my compression stockings, post marathon, for 24 hrs as per my “prescription” against pain and it worked.

But not in June.

That being said, for whatever weird reason I do have a tendency to get puffy in FL in warmer months. So I do bring those compression stockings with me, and I will wear them at night.

Now I wonder if many people here are thinking of the white medical grade hospital issued compression stockings. Fear not! There are many many different kinds, colors, patterns of compression stockings now that are awesome and effective. I happen to have a few pair (argyle, black, polka dot) and those are the ones I would wear in park if I were going to vs the white medical grade hospital issued ones :wink:

I happen to love this particular brand: Best Compression Socks You Can Buy | PRO Compression – procompression.com

Keep your legs happy, whatever you do.

5 Likes

I am talking about semi-stylish ones. I am just trying to come up with a good plan to keep my feet from getting so sore. Last time, I could barely stand after 3 days. What I tried before wasn’t enough.

1 Like

what did you try before?

Exactly !! I was thinking something like this.
Though I don’t have skinny legs, and it won’t look as decent.

4 Likes

I wore the white medical grade knee high compression socks to Universal 15 years ago in July. I was pregnant with my 2nd and started to swell badly after our first day in the parks. I pulled the compression socks out and wore them every day for the rest of our trip. I felt much better throughout the day and at the end having worn the socks so I didn’t mind the heat. Go for it!
I don’t recommend going to Universal while pregnant. There is so little you can actually do there but I was a chaperone on a youth group trip so didn’t have a choice! WDW is much more pregnancy friendly.

2 Likes

Alternated between 2-3 of my most comfortable tennis shoes and moleskin to prevent blisters (#1 and #3 in this list). Not enough.

1 Like

I had no idea they came in varieties.

The stockings I wore came out of the package looking like they’d fit an 8 year old, and I had to struggle my elephant self into them before my feet hit the floor in the morning. I just remembered I wore them for pregnancies 2, 5, and 6, and the thigh ones for 3 and 4… Whatever. THEY WERE SWEATY.

I should probably wear those pretty ones now.

2 Likes

I’d wear those if they made my vacation happier!! Even with shorts. I’d probably wear long flowy skirts or pants though bc that is my normal self anyway… but I would go ahead and make my legs happy.

4 Likes

There are a lot of options on Amazon. You’d think you’d see more people wearing them at the parks.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Compression Socks For Women& Men circulation(8 Pairs),Socks-Best for Running,Sports,Hiking,Flight travel,Pregnancy Amazon.com

1 Like

I said no way because it’s June. I hate socks, and in the heat I just die. And that’s me who should be wearing them. I don’t care what they look like on me.

3 Likes

Oh you’re more worried about blisters than swelling? That’s a horse of a different color an I’m not sure compression stockings are what you’re really after

2 Likes

You had medical grade ones. For your condition that was appropriate. But if one isn’t prescribed them by their medical provider - as I’m sure you know - other options do exist. And depending on the desired/prescribed compression advised by a medical provider it’s possible these help too

1 Like

For sure. 2002 I had to be fitted for them and have a prescription. By 2010, vascular team just had me ordering them off a website.

1 Like

I don’t, but probably would benefit from it. I get “Disney rash”…those splotchy red bumps from heat and being on my feet all day. However, they rash ends abruptly at my ankle sock line.

3 Likes

I said sure. They make some cute ones. And it’s Disney–wear what makes you happy and comfortable.

3 Likes

This was my experience too, though for the thigh ines, the only way for them to stay up for me, was to have the individually made ones.