FPP Day Anxiety...The Experience...The Aftermath

@JenSmalls Baymax, Joy and Sadness were across the walkway in a separate building from the character spot meet and greet in April 2018.

2 Likes

Which attraction changed to tier 2? I think I missed something. Thanks!

Nothing (that I an aware of) switched to Tier 2. I think the reference above was that there is a rumor (which seems to be legit) that ToT and RnR at DHS are switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1 on August 29.

Yay! So glad you had a successful morning!

1 Like

I believe the character spot at Epcot went back down to tier 2.

2 Likes

Character Spot changed from tier 1 to tier 2 this week.

We’ll definitely still check it out…I wanna hug Baymax :blush:

2 Likes

We were sure to get our hugs from Baymax when we went April 2016 & they did not disappoint!

We hit Joy & Sadness first right after RD (we were turning through turnstiles right at RD so a little late), waited maybe 30 min & went to Baymax right after- he had practically no line, waited less than 5 min. Not sure if things are quite the same now. Joy & Sadness were pretty new at the time so maybe not as crazy as they were when we went. Their waits were 40-80 min most of the time so we felt pretty lucky waiting less.

1 Like

I felt the same FP pain/thrill/anxiety! I left my house at 6am on my 60 day mark so that I’d be parked (for work) and ready to log in at 7am to obtain FPs! Notice how I was properly fueled and sugared up in prep! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was stunned that I couldn’t get ANY FPs for SDD for the 60+2 mark or any morning FPs for SDD for the 60+5 mark. For our trip last year, I couldn’t get the former but had no problem getting a morning FP for SDD for a few days later (albeit, that was a 60+7 mark FP). I was hoping for better luck with the latter cuz 1) SDD is no longer brand new and 2) Both HS days are posted for crowd levels of 1 or 2! Unless Disney is also anticipating the low crowds and thus cutting back staff (and thus FPs?)??? :disappointed_relieved: The only FPs for SDD available for the 60+5 mark was 5:40pm or later and that didn’t work with our plans. Guess we’re rope dropping EMH HS and running (Disney speed walking).

BTW, I second that the lines for Baymax were never as long as for Joy/Sadness. The Character Spot is for Mickey and another classic Disney character, I believe. There are no FPs for Joy/Sadness or Baymax.

I had similar trouble obtaining a preferred FP time for 7DMT at the 60+3 day mark. I’ve usually been able to grab one for around noon or 1pm but this year, the earliest I could get was 2:40pm. My family usually rope drops EMH MK so by 1-2pm, they are flagging and we head back to the resort. So the 2:40pm FP is a gamble. The toggling back and forth for the “right” time FP was crazy stressful. Especially while trying to block out all the random gossip around me. Did you know that McDonalds at 7am is a hotbed for old ladies to sit around and gossip about their kids and neighbors? :laughing:

4 Likes

Hi, were the tickets linked properly from your phone app?
My FP day is Wednesday. We have tickets, they all show up in my tickets but when I went into the app to make a FP group it asks me to link my tickets. I called Disney last night and was told that’s because it’s more than 60 days out. Just worried at 7 am on Wednesday it will say please link and I’ll be behind. Thanks!

Just wanted to give a brief update on our FPP progress, and (hopefully) good news for others. We were able to get SDD for 5 people at 3pm on the day we had scheduled for HS 2 weeks after our 60 day window opened originally. When we first tried to schedule, we couldn’t find any good availability on our 60+2 day at HS.

Just wanted others to know it is worth continuing to check on your FPP plans and trying to modify because you never know when a high value FP might open.

1 Like

My FP day is Sunday and I’m so glad you posted this and your other anxiety thread – I’d arranged our AK day to be near the end but I hadn’t looked at the Dibb FPP+ availability page and now I’m reshuffling some of my plans to work in SDD and ToT. Better now than Sunday morning!

@kiligi, that is encouraging. And I’m glad it worked for you!