FPP Day Anxiety...The Experience...The Aftermath

Last night:
8:30pm - Put DD8 to bed
8:40pm - Check on DS17 - He’s good, playing video games, has alarms set for school the next morning
8:45pm - Shower, pj’s, get ready to go to bed SUPER early for a 6:15 am wake up
9:00pm - Sit on the couch, DBF puts on Stranger Things
11:15pm - Finally get to bed (WHAT WAS I THINKING?? Oh yeah, Stranger Things!)

This morning:
6:00am - First alarm goes off - Oh heck no
6:15am - Second alarm goes off - UGGHHH!!! WAIT! IT’S FPP DAY!!!
6:16am - Stumble into bathroom, get ready for the day
6:30am - Poke head in DS’s room, make sure he’s awake
6:32am - MAKE COFFEE
6:35am - Set up both laptops, move various cats and the dog off the couch- I NEED SPACE!
6:40am - Twiddle thumbs
6:45am - Wave goodbye to DS as he walks out the door for the bus
6:50am - Wake DD - she requests cereal for breakfast, make said cereal, dispense vitamins, get her settled at kitchen table
6:55am - Pour coffee, sit down and log on to MDE on both laptops (one mine, one DBF)
Brief recap: It’s 5 minutes until - DD is eating breakfast - DS is presumably on the school bus - DBF is still sleeping (ON FPP DAY?!?) - DC&D’s (cats & dog) are roaming the house and wondering why I have invaded their space at this godforsaken hour - I AM READY
FPP
7:00am - Click on Get Started on my laptop - SORRY YOU NEED TO LINK TICKETS
7:01am - Click on Get Started on DBF’s laptop - SORRY YOU NEED TO LINK TICKETS
7:02am - PURE PANIC!!! WHY IS MDE NOT WORKING?!? MY TICKETS ARE LINKED AND HAVE BEEN FOR 4 MONTHS!!!
7:03am - In desperation I open the app on my phone and login
7:04am - Click on Get Started on the app

Heavenly choir starts singing from above, confetti bursts above my head, the stars align for this one moment in time

7:05am - Create a FastPass+ Party - SUCCESS!!
7:06am - Engage in my futile attempt to get SDD at 60+2 - No go - Book for later in the trip, just in case
7:07am - Wait, what else am I booking? WHERE’S MY FPP CHEAT SHEET?(Mad dash into the kitchen to grab my binder with all my trip info in it)
7:08am - Continue on to second hurdle, TOT at 60+2 - WAYYY later than I wanted - book anyways, I can keep trying to modify
7:09 - 7:20am - Secure the rest of my initial FPP
7:21am - Wave to DBF as he finally emerges to leave for work - DON’T ASK ME ANYTHING, I’LL FILL YOU IN LATER
7:22 - 7:44am - Start modifying to the EXACT times I was looking for with varied success
7:45am - Take DD down to the bus stop - hugs & kisses - have a good day
7:50 - 8:05am - Continue modifying, still no luck with SDD on 60+2 or an earlier TOT

In conclusion, I was able to get almost all the ones I wanted at almost the exact times I wanted, except for my HS day (60+2), but I knew that would happen going in.

60+1(MK): JC, Splash, BTMRR all before 1pm
60+2(HS): RRC at 12pm, TOT at 5:40pm, and TSMM at 6:50pm (we aren’t getting there till noon that day)
60+3(EP): M&G (BAYMAX!!) at 10:30am and FEE at 12pm
60+4: Our resort day, but I got a SDD at 5:25pm, so we can run in and ride if need be
60+5(MK): SDMT, MAWTP, and Space all before 12:30pm
60+6(EP): TT, MS, and SSE all before 1pm
60+7(AK): FOP, EE, and KRR all before 1pm
60+8(Free day): Booked another SDD at 10:05am just in case we haven’t gotten there yet

All in all, it didn’t go too bad. I knew I wouldn’t get SDD or TOT when I wanted, so I had backups planned. Everything else went swimmingly, and while I will keep trying to modify to get the exact times I have been dreaming about, I’m still pretty psyched about what I have so far. I survived!

23 Likes

LOL that was pretty funny !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Told you you’d be fine… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

How many days of tickets do you have?

1 Like

Aren’t those fun lil’ hiccups fun!??!?!??!!?!? :smirk: heh reminds me of my trip where my entire, detailed, spread sheet deleted itself before FPP day and I didn’t know until I started trying to get things. It all worked out in the end, but yowza that was nerve wracking.

2 Likes

We have an 8 day park hopper

What you call fun lil’ hiccups, I call added numbers to my blood pressure :rofl:

2 Likes

That was basically my experience with HS on 60+2. And we’re not getting there till 11.30 :joy:

By the way, you know the Character Spot FP isn’t for Baymax right?

1 Like

OHHH!! And i completely forgot to add that as I start on my first choice, SDD, I realize I LEFT MY BINDER WITH ALL MY FPP INFO IN THE KITCHEN!!!
So I’ll have to insert a mad dash to rip through my bag to pull out my precious binder :grimacing:

1 Like

I was reading about that, and saw something that said Baymax and Joy and Sadness were added to the character spot. Is this not right?

They are located next to the character spot but have different queues.

1 Like

Ahh ok…well I’ll keep the FPP, maybe we’ll use it. I’ll just make sure to set aside some time to meet Baymax. We’re not doing anything major that day, just eating and drinking around the world with some friends.

Good use of Tier 2. Looks like this was still Tier 2 now which is great!

1 Like

The struggle is real :rofl:

Congrats on a successful fastpass day!

1 Like

Yes it changed earlier in the week - @brtaylor73 reported it live on chat!

3 Likes

Thanks!

I had luck getting earlier FP times for FOP & 7DMT using FP4me.com, no luck on SDD though.

1 Like

I’ve been on the waiting list for FP4me for 4 weeks now, if I ever get to use it I think it will be too late anyway.

2 Likes

I’ve been on the waiting list for a couple weeks as well. Maybe I’ll get to use it for our next trip!

2 Likes

I had no idea there was a waiting list. Our trip isn’t until Thanksgiving so I hadn’t even looked into the site yet. Guess I’ll be getting on that list now. Thanks!!!

1 Like

Well people have called it a waiting list, I didn’t get any acknowledgement or anything, but on chat people have reported waiting a couple of weeks before being given access. There’s no way of knowing if I’ll ever get access I suppose.