FP+ System Changes now in effect

Our FP day is a month away and we have a split stay booked with DVC rental points.

AKV - May 21 - 23
BRV - May 23 - May 28
OKW - May 28- May 30

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

No but it’s now being reported by several people both testing with dummy reservations and being told by multiple CMs

I have a short split coming up, both room only, 1 night and then 3. I wonder if it would be worth it to book an overlapping reservation that starts a few days earlier and what would happen if I cancelled it since I would still have an onsite stay for the days my fp are booked. My tickets are 3 day hoppers that were comped so not linked to a package. I normally wouldnt hustle the system but having 2 booking windows for a split stay is kinda bunk.

1 Like

Reports are that’s exactly how it’s working. Each reservation has it’s own 60 day window.

2 Likes

Many are saying you’d actually lose that one day as well if you booked it at a time you shouldn’t have been allowed to book it. Needs to be tested but definitely not something to be secure about now.

1 Like

You will have 3 booking windows. I’ve just noticed the DIS have updated their split stay booking windows info page, so in my book that’s now confirmed.

It seems this is the new way forward, in order to close all FP booking loopholes.

So I would suggest planning at least one AK and DHS day for the end of your BRV stay, to maximise chances of getting FoP and Slinky respectively.

2 Likes

Yes. Just seen the DIS split stay info page has been updated. That’s pretty final to me.

Very troubling. I have 9 nights at AKL ( but booked as 7 nights, then I added on 2 nights) plus 5 nights at FQ. I had hoped to be able to book all the FPs in one go. I may have to rely on CL FPs…luckily I am still at over 100 days, so I can watch to see how this pans out. :confused: Thank you for keeping us updated.

My guess is this would be risky. Even assuming you could book one longer stay overlapping both existing stays.

Since they’ve introduced separate booking windows for split stays, when you cancelled the long stay it would probably just search for a reservation starting on the same day. The system would find stay #1 and then cancel any FPs that don’t overlap with that one.

The fact that you have another stay wouldn’t matter, because that would now have a new booking window.

Not sure on this, unless you want to be the guinea pig,

You should be able to get them to merge the AKL ones if they’re the same room type etc.

Either way, you have the first week, so will be able to get FoP and Slinky from day 4 onwards. For the POFQ stay you might get them at the end.

It means more planning for sure. We always do a split stay, we like staying in different places. Plus we don’t have enough DVC points to stay as long as we’d like to over Christmas / New Year. So even if we stay put we would have two reservations, one on our points and one either on a cash rate or rented.

To be honest though, I think it’s a good thing they’ve done this all at once rather than piecemeal. Makes it easier knowing what to expect. I also think it shows they are trying to improve things before SW:GE opens, so not just monetary. Although each loophole did lose them some money, just some lost them more than others.

2 Likes

This generally does not affect my family as we don’t typically do a split stay except to add a leading night if flights are such that it makes sense to fly in the night before In which case we aren’t doing any park things that day anyway so no FPP are needed for the lead night, nor would I book them because I would generally make this kind of a plan inside the 60 day window and have already booked them with my long reservation.

That said I did just want to say that I find it interesting that Disney can get these kinds of things to work while their IT is generally such a disaster. Which is a roundabout way of saying it will be interesting to see the unintended consequences this has when it breaks. Because you know it will

10 Likes

FThe main concern appears to be the cancellation of FPs when split stays are involved.

What we know for sure:

Split stays have separate booking windows.

• Lots of instances where people have set up dummy split stays within 60 days, only the days of stay #1 are open to book on MDE.

However it seems as if the FPs are now tied to the reservation #.

So you book for 7 days at POR. Reservation # 12345678, FPs booked. .

Switch entire reservation to CBR, no problem. They modify the reservation, FPs are kept.

Switch to CBR but last two nights not available so stay at BC for those. Reservation #12345678 is now at CBR, FPs for CBR stay are safe. FPs for BC are now linked to a new a reservation # and will be cancelled.

If you want to drop a day or two from a reservation, then if they will modify the original reservation your FPs will be safe. If they won’t modify and you have to cancel and rebook, all FPs get cancelled.

So even within the 30 day window, a cancellation will result in lost FPs.

This is still to play out. But multiple CMs have said the same apparently. They seem well versed in how they explain it.

3 Likes

This post showed up last night on the touring plans chat thread:

Re DVC split stays- read on another forum that someone called Member Services today to ask about FPP window. MDE Cust. Serv. joined the call too and assured caller that DVC splits are treated as one stay, so FPP will all open at 60 from 1st resort stay.

^^^Hoping liners share their experiences! Otherwise, I’ll report in April as my split stay begins in June

9:18pm on 2/22/19 by [summersR4WDW](Lines?

4 Likes

This would be nice if it holds true!

1 Like

Saw that over on the DIS…

Certainly the waitlist system does mean that even without planning a split stay, a lot of DVCers end up with them.

Hopefully this will work. However for ADRs, we have to phone in and get MS to book for the second (and subsequent) part(s) of the split stay. Can you imagine having to do FPs that way???

If the main CRO system is based on reservation #, as the CMs are saying (and note for once they all seem to be using the same script), I don’t know how they could easily achieve it. Create one continuous CRO # with all the DVC reservation #s linked to it? Or maybe a simple flag added to the reservation #s.

The whole impact on split stays seems to be a side effect of what I originally said would be a simple but crude way to eliminate leading reservations.

1 Like

This.

I have been thinking if this would stop me from doing split stays. Will I do less days? I know 2020 and 2021 will be crazy. This gives me a lot to think about.

2 Likes

Someone tried a split DVC on DIS, did not allow them to book FPs for 2nd stay.
I think he is calling in today to ask questions.
what a cluster…

1 Like

If I’m renting points for a 2 DVC split stay, can I link them for FP purposes? My guess is no since I’m renting from 2 different owners.

That’s what I’m wondering - I suspect that the FPP reservations will still vanish. Wouldn’t want to be to guinea pig to test this out, though… :wink: