Forgive me, I'm confused

The most likely answer, although not the one I’m hoping for. It is strange that they wouldn’t just say ‘Animal Kingdom Lodge’ and instead would specifically call out Kidani. I was hoping that was my golden ticket to get out of my predicament. :slightly_frowning_face:

Ah.
You might have to call member services to clarify.
I suppose at all other mixed-use resorts there is a separate wing or building which is used for DVC. Jambo is different that way.

Let us know?

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

Is copper creek listed? It’s similar to the dvc rooms at Jambo as they are in the main house of wilderness lodge.

1 Like

Good point

1 Like

If you look at the post I made here:

I listed the options that are given to me as someone with reservations already (not DVC).

I don’t think it is necessarily indicative of which resorts will or will not be open, but which ones they will allow people to move to, etc. DVC guests will be able to continue making reservations at the DVC resorts that have availability. Everyone else, you can only SWITCH to one of those resorts listed.

1 Like

Yes

Huh. That is strange. I’m guessing it’s an oversight as @OBNurseNH suggested.

1 Like

Right. It would be far more concerning if Boulder were not there.

Of course that Jambo is the only one missing is more confusing.

Definitely should call to confirm.

I have a contact at Kenny, though, and will reach out to ask.

1 Like

DVC News is reporting ALL

The most in the headline is that it does not include west coast resorts I believe.

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

My contact actually wrote the article :woman_facepalming:t2:

Oops. Imagine my embarrassment when I asked about a KTP story with possible error and she said yeah that is mine. Lol.

Anyway she said she got the list direct from Disney. She does point out that boulder is a wing whereas Jambo is a floor and wonders if that matters.

I think the only way to know is to call :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

That’s hilarious :joy::joy:

1 Like

Thank you for trying and I’m sorry for the :woman_facepalming:!

1 Like

it was just really funny LOL

We are good friends, no harm no foul.

1 Like

Yes, my understanding is that one side or the other will be screwed. Most likely the renter, because the owner is under no obligation to make any changes after the reservation is secured. Not every owner is as kind as @PrincipalTinker.

For reservations made through a broker, I’m willing to bet that the renter is ALWAYS the party screwed.

I hope it was made clear to you the risk involved.

Of course this is extreme and nobody could have predicted this situation, so I can see how it may not have been stressed.

I see. Thank you for explaining. I knew there were many sides to this story and have been wanting to research how it all works, but your explanation helped. I work in insurance and with the way my analytical brain works, I knew there was so much more to it than I was hearing on podcasts and complaints. It’s a real bummer for a lot of people. I hope as many as people as possible find a reasonable solution.

1 Like

Good God, please don’t consider anything I share any more than the gin-addled mouth noises of a singularly ill-informed, financially innumerate stooge. My 35 years of Florida residency and 26 years of close association with DVC (10 of those as an owner) have only made me more of a drooling mummilard.

Also too, I’m a cat.

6 Likes

I wonder if there is any way to re-coop at least some of the money by sharply discounting them and marketing them to locals or those in driving range? “Have you ever wanted to stay at X but it was way out of your range? After being cooped up at home got weeks, enjoy an amazing Disney resort stay for only $ per night!”

ETA: If I was in driving range, I’d jump on anything heavily discounted at AKL in a heart beat.

1 Like