Forget the glass slippers, this Princess wears running shoes RunDisney Princess half marathon trip report

We will be there for Star Wars weekend too - just doing the 5k but it’s our first RunDisney event (or in our case, Run/Walk Disney :wink: )

5 Likes

Spanish Margarita

13 Likes

we’ll have to meet and compare medals!

5 Likes

Nice drink choice! I approve.
We loved CSR (we didn’t stay in the tower though).

3 Likes

I’m positioned in the Chronos Lounge for Epcot Forever view

Club level — I now get it

21 Likes

That was our first club level stay, ever, and I don’t think I can go back to non-CL!

4 Likes

It was a great view of the air display of Epcot forever from the Chronos Lounge. I clearly need to get over there to see it for real tomorrow or Thursday since these shows are meant to be experienced up close! Since so much of my Disney has been runDisney or RD early mornings, i tend to not experience Night Disney. I need to fix that!

Summary for today: Gran Destino and Club level really is a gem. I don’t pay day rates because Disney already owns me via DVC, but its an option for moderate+ people. I’ve searched sort of for AKL club level with my points but never with determined purpose, but I might try now because I now get the appeal. I canceled a Toledos ADR because the Club snacks were plenty!

I’m off to sleep — I need to pack in rest for the coming early mornings!

15 Likes

That’s impressive! Although Toledos is great so I hope you get to eat there at some point in the future.

1 Like

Day 2. I slept soundly, packing in the rest hours before 3am-ish wake ups Sat and Sun. I know many do not like the walk-in shower format Disney has been installing, especially those with kids who need a bathtub, I love it. And being pampered with extra toiletries is nice — since I always stay on DVC points I don’t normally get them.
i did a 30 minute walk around the paths here at CSR — there aren’t really places to do morning walks or runs at AKL so that is nice.
I’m just finishing breakfast in the lounge

and for the Mickey waffle fans out there

I might just have a second cappuccino, then I throw the night bag back in the car and head over to AK for RD. I have FPP so I won’t join the FoP crazy but i’ll play it by ear

And today @scrapper1617 and I hope to meet once she arrives!

17 Likes

The morning sun seems to be shining blessings on ToT/HS — and perhaps the crowd assembling for RotR BG time

17 Likes

I like a bath tub. Your pics are amazing!! Have a fab time!

3 Likes

Those are great pictures!
Have an amazing day!

1 Like

Awesome to sleep well after all your traveling A great start to the morning! Looking forward to following along today. Have ALL THE FUN!!

2 Likes

My morning gift to you: a full scope Okapi butt shot :innocent:

16 Likes

Thanks for that gift!:joy:

3 Likes

I arrived at 8:30am at AK and experienced the least skillful Disney parking team ever. They didn’t seem to work out the usual smooth ballet of sending cars to fill in the rows. We ended up sitting in our cars in long lines for about 10 minutes as they directed cars one by one in an unclear pattern. Didn’t bother me as i wasn’t here to RD FoP, but others clearly were and families started bailing from their waiting cars and walking across the parking lot, further adding to the delays!
I got in smoothly through bag check —. go far right or left to walk right up! — and thru tapstiles in under a minute
I headed to Navi to give it one more try — i had not nice experiences before due to guest misbehavior in lines — and this time it was lovely I don’t think i’d wait for it though

Then came the trek to Africa which was tortuous due to the FoP line which still at 9:15 with a 120 minute wait time posted at the SB queue entrance wrapped back on the Africa bridge, back into Pandora, all the way out of Pandora past Nomad, Tiffins, to the Starbucks. Crazy

12 Likes

Since KS standby is 70minutes I’m wandering Gorilla Falls Trail. In addition to your Okapi rear view, here is mom and baby Colobus monkey and happy naked mole rats

12 Likes

Meercat on guard and yes, a zebra butt

13 Likes

12 Likes

The Birthday Girl — CM told us today is her 10th bday and she will get a birthday cake which is a box of popcorn

18 Likes