Forget the glass slippers, this Princess wears running shoes RunDisney Princess half marathon trip report

Finally! Work travel and obligations had me in Florida Feb 16-18 so of course it made sense to register for the Fairy Tale Challenge — 10K on Saturday Feb 22 and Princess Half Marathon Feb 23 —since I’m in Florida anyway. I’m now SO done with work mode and waiting for my flight to MCO.
I’m staying on DVC points at AKL/Kidani Feb 19-23, plus Destino Tower Club Level just tonight due to a work travel hiccup (in my favor - yay for a night early in the World!). I won’t be able to benefit from all the Club level benefits since its really just a night but I’m still excited to see the view from the lounge tonight and decide if its worth booking future trips.
I’m a runDisney veteran, but only Marathon weekend 11x until last year when I did the Wine and Dine 2-course Challenge. I decided to set the task of doing all the WDW race challenges, so this is Princess and April is Star Wars. I want all those medals!
I’m renting a car given all the dashing around I need to fit in so I’ll next post once I’ve arrived at CS — no posting while driving! Tomorrow is AK, Thursday HS and Expo, Friday HS and early-to-bed, Sat MK, and Sunday Epcot. Or, maybe I’ll mix it up — I’m going solo so no one to please but myself!

30 Likes

Great to see that you are running again, you are going to love the Gran Destino. Even though I can no longer run thanks to my ankle, I still seem to wind up at WDW during the RunDisney events. Wont be there for the Princess this year, missing it by a few days, but I will be there for the Star Wars. My nephew will be attempting his first half.

3 Likes

Have fun and good luck on your races! I hope you love Gran Destino as much as we did. The lounge was awesome, Avery wants to return soon just so she can read all the books in there.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to meet you!!

7 Likes

I’m interested to see what you think of Gran Destino club level - DH and I have it booked for a kid-free trip in June! Have fun!

3 Likes

Woot! Woot! Finally heading home. :tada::tada:
Looking forward to following along again; and to your meet with @scrapper1617!!
Safe travels. See you on the other side.

4 Likes

I’m here. Gran Destino— so far so good, i mean Great!

22 Likes

19 Likes

So excited for you. And to follow along!

2 Likes

This place is seriously fantastic

17 Likes

Wait until breakfast! Mickey waffles every morning and amazing egg dishes await you!

3 Likes

Wow!! Great views! Have a great time!

2 Likes

So excited to follow your trip report!

2 Likes

Beautiful sunset!

1 Like

They knew how to upgrade CS to really spectacular. This view from the Three Bridges Bar

19 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

GDT impressed me far more than RR.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Its beautiful

3 Likes