FOMOm strongarms the crew - a live-ish TR (3/4-3/10)

Departure day is heeeeeeere!!! Our flight doesn’t leave until 2pm, but I’m primed to practice a BG for the first time since last March this am. I feel like a slacker, but we had a death in the family last week, and we hosted the wake at our home on Monday unexpectedly. I tried to do it up fancy for my lunch lady, grew up without running water or an outhouse Great Aunt Betty, so coordinating caterers and florals and all that… and a grand total of 8 people showed up, one of whom was so drunk he could barely stand. SO, I’m not even finished packing yet, and we leave today. This is the opposite of me. I am not okay with it.

Anyhow, we are me, planning maven (usually, my aunt’s passing threw me for a loop), professional writer (I don’t do grammar/style rules for internet forum posts though, so take your judgy eyes elsewhere), and Big Kid.
DH, very tired, but trying very hard to be enthusiastic, physician, who may yell at mask violators and tell them to take a shift in a covid icu.
DS7, on his 3rd trip to the world, and trying to be cool, but is secretly very excited.
DD2, who has no idea what’s happening but knows she will rule as Queen of whatever it is, tyvm.

We are so excited to stay at AKL-jambo, as AK is our favorite park and we figured it was a good time to enjoy the resort more.

My BG join attempt was thwarted by my lack of a park reservation. Like I said, way off my planning game these days.

Anyway, here’s tomorrow’s plan, a sad imitation of @bebe80, but helpful nonetheless.

I’ll do my best to update throughout the trip!

25 Likes

Hooray for the trip! Sounds like just the thing you need after the last week. Go get yourself some fun. You deserve it. Can’t wait to follow along!

4 Likes

Have a great trip! AKL Jambo is my favorite resort in the World. All of the stress will just melt off your body when you step into that lobby. It’s magical.

4 Likes

Oh wait! It looks like I was successful for the BG! Had to read back through the thread but no red bar of death, so yay!!!

10 Likes

They may not give rider swap before park opening. Before Covid when we did BOG pre park opening at 7DMT they would not do rider swap for us because park was not officially open. Maybe someone else can talk about what they are doing now

2 Likes

Yayyyyy it’s here! Your schedule looks great!! Safe travels!

2 Likes

Trip reports make my days! We are all coming along. Enjoy! Enjoy!

4 Likes

Enjoy!! Very excited to see these march trips starting to happen!

3 Likes

Ooh I need to figure this out!!

Woo hoo! Another trip report. :smile:

Let me know how this experience goes! We are staying there in May. I was curious if they would end up putting everyone in Kidani instead since only DVC is open there? Just to try to consolidate guests? Anyway, any tips along the way will be appreciated. :slight_smile:

It may be different because during EMH they didn’t run FPP, etc., whereas technically the pre-park opening now is actual park hours, just opened earlier than announced. At least I hope that’s the case!

4 Likes

I can’t find any confirmation of RS before official opening, so we’ll try it out and see!

They are in fact putting folks in jambo, we specifically requested jambo because they’re only filling the dvc rooms. We ordered groceries so that food isn’t an issue. Hoping that the jambo pool will also be way less crowded. I think the buses might be an issue, but we only plan to use them once.

2 Likes

Ours was not EMH. It was eating at BOG at 8 when park opened at 9. They opened 7DMT at 8:40 and would not do rider swap. My wife and daughter stood to the side and when I came off we switched kids. Overall it did not change a lot for us but if u were not going to ride it right after it may be a problem. You may be right and they may give you a rider swap now but just wanted her to have a plan if they did not.

2 Likes

Have a great trip! It sounds like you deserve it.
I’m secretly hoping your DH does say something to mask violators (although we have been to Disney several times during the pandemic and mask usage is really quite good).

3 Likes

3/4 of the crew is ready to go, and we are all packed! DS in his black panther tee, and DD in the sweetest shirt my mom embroidered. She did this castle with mickey balloons, olaf (duwaf), a dress with pooh and piglet and a mouse ears tee with DDs name. DH is still horizontal :rofl:

22 Likes

We are on the way to ORF!!!

7 Likes

Have a great trip, I’ll be following. Your kids are absolutely adorable! I miss when mine were that age, but yet I don’t. :rofl:

3 Likes

Buses stop at Jambo first and then go to Kidani, so you should actually be fine! I love it there!

2 Likes

Wow, that shirt your mom embroidered is so cool! She must have put in some hours. Can’t wait to see her other outfits!

3 Likes

I keep hearing I’ll miss it but I am too tired to care :rofl:

4 Likes

Well, DH’s colleagues warned him that there were long lines at security due to staff cuts at our small regional airport. I told him we would be fine on a weekday afternoon but he insisted. So we left the house 2 hours before our flight, and here we are at our gate, a half hour later :grimacing:

4 Likes