FoF parade back March 9th, other MK entertainment starting

Festival of Fantasy will return to the MK on March 9th.

Also a new calvalcade debuts Feb 11th and a special edition of the Friendship Faire starts Feb 25th.

Fantasmic and a new version of Nemo will start later this year, no dates yet.

11 Likes

Best news in a long time! FoF is one of my favorites!

5 Likes

should do it at night :smiling_imp:

That’d be friggin awesome.

Also …it’s a parade, that was running daily for forever…why do they need over a MONTH to get it ready to return?

2 Likes

That would be awesome

3 Likes

Maleficent is ready to roll now. Send it out alone. Shoot, they shoulda already been doing that.

3 Likes

Oh that’s right. I forgot she was parading about during ?halloween party?

1 Like

I think there was some internal recruitment recently for parade performers, since a lot of them had been moved to different roles. I guess rehearsals probably start in February.

1 Like

still seems like an awfully long time.

As a dancer’s mom I will say a month is almost zero time to learn new choreography or rehearse old choreography if you’ve not done it in a long time.

9 Likes

A month with probably a lot of new technical crew and performers. There are also a lot of very new College Programme CMs who’ll need to learn about how to clear the route for a parade.

Plus it sounds like they may well chosen that date because of the anniversary too. If it could be ready the end of February why not wait and bring it back on a significant date?

1 Like

Aw, this didn’t make it onto my festive TV schedule this year. I’ve missed this song :sob:
Oh well, 308 days until it’s socially acceptable to watch it again :partying_face::laughing:

3 Likes

Watch it anyway! I won’t tell.

I never miss it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

It’s usually annual for us too :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

2 Likes

This year it hit me all kinds of sideways and I found myself crying and feeling feels more than usual.

1 Like

Actually one of the reasons we didn’t watch it is because I thought it might upset DH. His dad passed in November and they played White Christmas at the funeral. I’m hoping it will be ok next year :crossed_fingers:t2::grimacing:

Blurred for sensitivity. Don’t click if recently bereaved.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Of all the scenes from all the movies, and you picked that awful time sink?? :rofl:
ETA: Just that scene. I love the movie :grin:

1 Like