Flower & Garden 2023

We are 4 weeks away from the start of Flower & Garden. Is it normal for Disney too take so long anouncing the food booths and entertainment schedule? It makes it difficult to plan my days in Epcot.
Anyway, I’ll be there for a short trip March 23rd - March 26th. I love, love, love Flower & Garden. I’m definitely hoping for some nice weather and some beautiful blooms! :crossed_fingers::butterfly::sunflower::honeybee::cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

I tracked this for chat a couple of weeks ago. If I remember correctly they have been announcing full menus 1-2 weeks (at most) in advance.

1 Like

Not the booth menus yet but here are the beginnings of announcements :grin:

5 Likes

Thank you! This must be fresh off the press. I searched for stuff a couple days back :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Yeah I saw it just moments before I saw this thread! :rofl:

1 Like

My trips never align with Rick Springfield! This year we get Switchfoot. :unamused:

1 Like

Has been recently, sadly. They only announced their Festival of the Arts stuff a few days before it kicked off. If I remember right, this past Holidays was also pretty short on the advanced notice.

The only one ever to get any real advanced info anymore is Food and Wine, I think.

3 Likes

We have The Pointer Sisters and Berlin. They are o.k. to me but not going to be DHs thing. We wouldn’t mind Switchfoot, lol.

Oh man, I loved Smash Mouth as a kid. Sad I won’t be there!

2 Likes

Hmm, if I don’t end up being able to go for Tron AP preview…I may need to go at end of June for Simple Plan.

1 Like

You COULD be there. You could… :thinking: :rofl:

We saw the Pointer Sisters last year. It was Anita Pointer, her daughter and granddaughter. We really enjoyed it, but I know Anita has passed away so not sure how they are going to carry on.

2 Likes

I’m excited for my first trip during F&G, nice to see some news about the festival coming out!
I’ll be there late May, so the concerts going on during my trip are Counting Crowns (not familiar with them), Jason Scheff (I wonder if he just does Chicago songs?) and Rick Springfield.
Do concert days affect crowds much? Do I need to show up early if I want to get a seat?

2 Likes

Another we would like! Alternative type band big in the late 90s-early 2000s
Late May will be warm and hopefully full of color! The crowds should be decent except for the weekends might get busier. I’ve never done a garden rocks but have been told 20-30 mins early for a good seat is fine except for maybe the big names. But rarely will you not find anywhere to sit.

1 Like

I completely mis-typed - it’s Casting Crowns, a “contemporary Christian and Christian rock band” (thanks Wikipedia!)
In my head I initially saw it as Counting Crows (which would be fun!), thus the typo.

2 Likes

Oh! Haha. I missed the crown and read crows. Contemporary Christian Rock is pretty good. Not my normal genre but I do have 1 of my preset radio stations set to it and have stopped when a tune caught my ear.

Do we think Steve Augeri will do all Journey songs? I’ll be there with my BFF and we are children of the 70s/80s. This could be FUN!

2 Likes

I was wondering how I missed that one! Thought it was added after I posted :rofl:

No idea? Is he allowed to? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Good question. The more I think about it the more I am guessing no. But does anyone know his other stuff?

I’ve seen them three times in concert. They are vocally amazing. The kind of group you don’t even have to know their music to enjoy.

1 Like