Flower and Garden 2024

Just saw that the Flower and Garden Festival for 2024 begins February 28.

I was afraid it wouldn’t begin until the following Wednesday. (Historically it always starts on a Wednesday.)

So, starting a thread dedicated to it for 2024.

3 Likes

I googled and saw that last year, details including Garden Rocks schedule and events came out Feb 1, so hopefully we will get details for this year before the end of January.

1 Like

Still no end date?

I can’t find an end date listed anywhere yet.

2 Likes

It does seem a little bit earlier this year. I wish they would extend FARTS and keep FnG for mid March.

1 Like

Originally, when our trip was going to be in January, I was looking forward to seeing FARTS. When we moved it to early March, I knew it would be after FARTS, but wasn’t sure if FnG would have started up. But I actually agree…of the two, I definitely would have preferred to see FARTS than FnG. It does seem awfully short. Less than 2 months? Still, I’ll take what we can get!

1 Like

I love F&G but FARTS is just so short. It’s only 5.5 weeks this year. I’m squeezing in a weekend trip (hopefully) just because I really want to go. I’ve never been. I done F&G plenty. It’s a favorite. Last year it was 18 weeks though!

I wish both of these were longer and F&W was shorter!

2 Likes

I will be there for F&G this year. Can’t wait for the updates. I’m also waiting on after hours announcements for May.

1 Like

I think F&G is staring early becaise Easter is so early this year. I am guessing they want it well underway before the Easter Crowds.

1 Like

Yes, very possible. It’s super early this year. Very rarely is it this early. So that may account for how short FARTS is this year.

I am going the week before Easter. The overlap of March spring breaks with Easter based spring breaks will be super interesting, crowd-wise.

1 Like

Joining this thread because I just got a countdown today and will also be going to F&G! Late April just like the last few years.

1 Like

FARTs is Jan 12-Feb 19 this year and it was Jan 13-Feb 20 last year.

Flower and Garden started on March 1st last year. Other than leap year, the dates are lining up exactly the same?

1 Like

FARTS has been short always. I wish they would make it longer. But to do that F&G would be shorter or pushed backed.
What I meant is super early this year is Easter/ Mardi Gras. It’s very early this year.

1 Like

I agree that Ami would love FARTs to at least go through March, although I do understand why March is Flower and Garden.

1 Like

Looks like Flower and Garden will be ending a month earlier this year! Its last date is May 27. Fortunately, we arrive the 24th so we will be able to catch the end of our fave festival but sad that it won’t be around for our whole trip!

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about this. It is very long so I could see it being cut short. Personally would like to see it go into June a bit. Although I’m not sure why :tipping_hand_woman:

1 Like

Thanks! I am sad to miss F&G this year but it is great to manage expectations and plan.

2 Likes

Wow I almost missed it with my previous dates but now we will be there on the 16th. That was close. I wish Disney would release everything for the year all at once. All dates and hours. People have to plan far ahead.

2 Likes