Flight schedule change - DME Question

So Southwest messed up my flight schedule so much I’m actually getting to Orlando a day earlier than originally planned (take THAT, SW!). I’d already made my DME reservation. What’s the best way to contact them to inform them of my schedule change?

1 Like

When I had to change my DME schedule, I just went into the same link where I originally submitted my request, put in all the same information except changed what was different, and then within an hour they sent me an email with my confirmation of all the details. It was clear they knew it was overriding my original request (I assume based on the reservation number).

My only question for you is if you have a Disney hotel reserved for that first night? If not, that could be complicated.

2 Likes

I don’t yet. I will once I make a reservation.

2 Likes

Fill this out:

https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform

If you’re staying at Disney on arrival no biggie. If you’re not, peruse the flight schedules and provide DME with flight info for a time when you would want to be leaving the airport to get to Disney

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

So an update. I haven’t updated my DME yet BUT I did actually book my hotel room. Because ASMo is less expensive than POP and I’m going to get in LATE on Friday - like 10:30 pm - THANKS SW :rage:) I changed my POP reservation to 8/22-8/28 and my ASMo reservation is 8/20-22.

In the scheme of things this actually works out better. Saturday I’m going to spend the day at DS and maybe do some resort hopping. Then on Sunday I can get to AK in the morning, then get over to POP to see if I can get checked in early, and head out for more fun after!

3 Likes

Since you now have a split stay note that you will need to do two separate DME reservations. One for arrival using your ASMo reservation number, and a separate one for departure using the reservation number for your Pop stay.

1 Like

:smiley: Since you’re helpfully answering DME questions…if we have a DME attached to one of our room reservations with the correct flight info but wrong name, that should still be ok?

Something got lost in translation going through David’s to get the DME booked for DM (the rest of us are arriving by car so no DME).

MDE info is correct:
Room 1 includes DM
Room 2 includes DD20

The DME confirmation we received:
Room 1 with DM’s flight number but DD20’s name

(They share a first name. She is NOT using DME to get back to the airport.)

I’m concerned if we try to get it fixed for our arrival 5/29, it could just get worse and hopefully it’s close enough?

I would just go in and fill out that online form again to make sure it’s fixed. It should be fine but I would rather know that than hope that.

1 Like

The information we got from David’s said DME requests had to go through them and the DVC owner and needed to be done 30 days in advance?

Anyone can fill in that request. It goes to the very same place that member requests do.

Disregard that. I think they say that because they want to keep it neat. But go ahead and fill it in. You have all of the information you need to do it (reservation number, dates, resort, name of lead guest, names of all passengers). There is no question about DVC at all on that form

3 Likes

Also you can make/change/update your request up to and including day-of. Things change.

2 Likes

That isn’t actually true. I read somewhere that DME keep a record of WDW and DVC passengers, and that’s why they like DVC members to book through Member Services. But you don’t have to do it through them.

You can do it yourself via the form or the direct number.

I may be daft (esp since I did this successfully last Jan), but what form? I was thinking it would be on the check in page, but no edit option there?

The one that @OBNurseNH linked to.:wink:

Walt Disney World Resort

1 Like

Ah. Scrolling. Of course.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Hey, I’ve slept since I read that part of the thread!

Sleep??? Good grief girl, liners don’t sleep. They just power nap. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oooooh, I just got one of those warnings to stop being cliquey and let other people join in. :astonished:

3 Likes

Oh, I haven’t gotten that one yet! I need it for my collection! (There’s a badge, yes?)