First-Timers Semi-Live Trip Report

Dinner on MK day was Ohana….WOW!! We all loved it! I could live on the dumplings and bread pudding for life!

DSis, DS6, & DD4 walking into the Poly from the boat launch. So wish I had taken a pic of the trees there! Gorgeous!

7 Likes

We were seated directly in front of the backside of the Polynesian sculpture at the entrance….and I’m sure you can guess how that went with 3 boys….

10 Likes

DM & I ordered “something fun” to drink at dinner and got this!!! No idea what it’s called since we didn’t order it by name, but it was delicious!

12 Likes

AK day was maybe my favorite so far! I really had just no idea how different it would feel from the other parks! Very un-amusement park like! And we saw far more street/casual performers than any other park so far making the overall experience just incredibly magical.

My big Genie+ takeaway from this day was that it can buy you convenience and privilege.

After a late night at MK, there was no way we were going to rope drop. We arrived at the park a few minutes after 10 and walked straight to the Lion King show at 10:30. (We should have arrived a bit earlier, but it worked!)

LL Trifecta:
11:50-12:50 KS (tapped in right at 12:45!!)
11:50-12:50 NRJ (booked at 7)
12:15-1:15 FOP (tap in at 1:00…30 min to spare if you count grace period)

DM gave me a HUGE hug when she saw us bypassing so many lines and walk on to her must-do attractions one right after the other!

Three hours and we had done almost everything we had planned! No way would it have been possible without genie. Sure, we could have done the rides, but sleeping in and not waiting in line is worth a lot! (Especially on day 4 with 4 kids!)

11 Likes

Pandora at night was my Mom’s number 1 priority for the whole trip!

So after our swim break and a stop at EE for DD9, to Pandora we went!

With FOP rider switch in the morning and a ride right at the end of the night, DD9 rode 3 times in one day!

If I had to guess DM’s favorite moment of trip it would be riding FOP & this pic with the grandkids. Magical memories right there!

20 Likes

For any wondering about FOP intensity for kids DS6, DS8 (my cautious one) and DD9 all LOVED it! (DS4, who’s mantra is “no ride!” was too short)

Such a great mom/grandkid pic. Memories for a lifetime!

2 Likes

We were OFF Rise at 8:07 this morning! DH now riding a 2nd time with DS8 and DD9 and early entry hasn’t even officially begun!

6 Likes

What time did you arrive at HS?

1 Like

Our bus left Kidani at 7:10

1 Like

Our only HS goals for today were everyone’s favorites and then swim for the afternoon. So, all 3 Star Wars rides, TSM, and RnR.

Genie+ is tricky if you only plan on staying the first half of the day….since return times at HS are into the afternoon so quickly.

In the end, we only used 2 LLs, but based on time of day it saved us 80 min at MFSR & 30 min at Star Tours. So, once again, Genie+ is useful to get what you want when you want it.

The kindest CM played an ENTIRE game of memory with my crew. It was the sweetest.

12 Likes

Another Disney CM moment….I took a pretty big fall out of the shuttle between Kidani/Jambo last night, rolled my ankle trying to help DS4 out and just completely bit it. I’m scratched up, but fine. This afternoon in the elevator the CM asks if I’m OK. She was the driver last night and remembered….and was kind enough to ask. I thought it was pretty thoughtful!

7 Likes

Looks like you guys are absolutely rocking this trip!

1 Like

Of note: We have 8:00am Royal Table reservations and everyone is being held at taps until right at 8:00. There is no sign to let you in earlier. We have asked multiple cast members and they said we have to wait with everyone and that restaurant workers are aware and that we will be checked in when we can get there.

1 Like

Dinner Friday was at Sanaa. Everyone enjoyed it and two orders of the naan&dips were devoured almost immediately by our crew! The restaurant was quite cold and DM enjoyed some snuggles from the boys.

8 Likes

Left all the boys home for a girls CRT breakfast at 8:00. I think the three grown girls enjoyed it as much as DD9! Was a very special memory for all of us! We thought the food was amazing!

12 Likes

Left DM & DD9 to hang out and people watch while DSis & I went back to AK to do some laundry and grab the boys.

For Genie+ we ended up using 6 for the day with a 12:45 start on the ride portion of our day.

LL1 (7am) PPF 12:30-1:30 (saved 50 min)
LL2 (11am) WtP 12:40-1:40 (saved 35 min)
LL3 (1pm) Dumbo 2:30-3:30 (saved 35 min)
LL4 (after LL3) Teacups 3:20-4:20 (saved 15 min)
LL5 (after LL4) BTMR 8:00-9:00 (saved 30 min)
LL6 (120 rule) Splash 7:40-8:40 (unnecessary as was walk on)

These were posted wait times of course, But 165 min of line savings in the middle of the day felt great!

DS4 would only ride with me today and was very into directing where we went next!

5 Likes

Be Our Guest for dinner. The ambiance was amazing and the desserts were a huge hit with the kids who were awake! DS8 & DS4 slept through the 2nd half of dinner!

But, the food was a BIG disappointment. Instant mashed potatoes and frozen green beans with that price tag is unpardonable! It was like bad high school banquet food. Especially after the amazing experiences at Topolino’s, Ohana, etc. We couldn’t believe the poor quality.

DM suggested dancing “Be Our Guest” dishes for the balcony which I thought was a great idea!

The venue is so amazing, but the restaurant has a ways to go to get to the value for that high price tag. One and done as others have said for sure. DH ordered the octopus which is the first pic. Sorry for the poorly lighted photos!

3 Likes

Almost the end of the day, and our stay with fireworks. The Christmas castle is super fun!

9 Likes

Pack up, animal watch and catch the Magical Express at 11:30.

Overall, an absolutely incredible trip of a lifetime! Saw tears of joy in DM’s eyes multiple times throughout the trip. Just love seeing her happy!

Here’s a pic of our immediate family of six and the 3 oldest kids who will be back at school tomorrow! Good thing we laid out backpacks and uniforms before we left!

And a special thanks to all of you on here who were SO INCREDIBLY helpful with your tips, recommendations, answering questions, etc, etc. There is NO way our trip would have been this amazing or smooth without you! Thank you!!!

15 Likes