First-Timers Semi-Live Trip Report

What restaurant is it?

Gideon or Ragland Rd?

Thank you for sharing!

Have you been staying offsite when visiting HS? How did you get ROR if staying offsite? These sell out before offsite guests get a chance?

What time offsite guests can enter HS? I scheduled LightSaber Savis at 8:25 am just to be let early since weā€™re staying offsite.

I am trying to figure out if your plan will work for us too.
Did you do more rides after getting LightSabers? Psin to carry around? Is there a way to store these while you take a ride?

Raglan Road! You canā€™t eat in Gideonā€™sā€¦.itā€™s a small cookie shop. Only room for a queue inside.

And we were at Beach Club by the time we booked RotR! So right at 7:00

I donā€™t know if youā€™ll have an issue being let in early or not, sorry. Others here will know for sure!

And, yes! No problem with light sabersā€¦theyā€™re totally prepared! We just carried ours with us. Thatā€™s why we scheduled near end of day.

Thank you!

Did you have a problem buying Genie+ after midnight. Some people reported they canā€™t buy it until 7 am. Then it takes too long to process.

I havenā€™t heard that at all. No problem buying genie plus prior to 7!

OMG this picture in front of the Falcon!!! Amazing. What a treat your sis gave them.

Your crew is adorable and look like they are having so much fun!! Looking forward to following along (I have 4 kiddos as well all smooshed together - 5.5 years apart and itā€™s the best. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:).

4 Likes

Yes, so amazingly generous! Couldnā€™t have hoped for better reactions!!

5.5 years is our spread too! I look back at pics of when I had three in diapers and wonder how I managed! But, I really do love it!!!

Iā€™m actually originally from TX as well!

Well, our absolutely perfect day at Hollywood Studios was followed up by a pretty underwhelming Epcot day, sadly.

We rope dropped Frozen which was broken down (we didnā€™t realize for a while) and ended up waiting an hour. You know that, ā€œitā€™ll probably be any minute and I donā€™t want it to start moving the second I leave the lineā€ feeling. Besides, everything else was showing crazy waits as well.

Soarinā€™ also broke down while we were in line.

On Spaceship earth, we made a mistake not realizing it was only 2/seat, not three. So DSis leaves DS8 & DS6 together and sits by herself so one of the boys doesnā€™t get left aloneā€¦and then they stop the ride and have DS6 get in with DS4 & I leaving nervous DS8 alone and wonā€™t let anyone in with DSis! DS4 feels all the stress and has a total meltdown and we have to de-board. It was a total cluster.

DS4 decided that any and all rides and even being inside any building was not for him. Major stress there. His entire memory has been Covid-era, and I think Disney stimulation was just too much for him today.

DM lost credit card at dinner so spent an hour searching for it. Hoping someone turns it in and we hear something this morning.

It was a rough day, yā€™all. Thankfully, everyone (except DS4) took it all in stride. We all agreed that nothing was going to compare with how smooth HS went yesterday, and that MK tomorrow HAD to be better!

It definitely wasnā€™t all bad!

Highlights of the day:

-Dinner at Teppan Edo was amazing! Loved the Christmas Mickey touch!

-DM bought costume-loving DS6 a hat and it brought SO MUCH JOY! Disney Magic for sure!

-ended the day with a Ratatouille win! And,

an extra child got to rider swap using DS4ā€™s swipe who was happy as a lark riding the motorcycles at the exit!

12 Likes

Took bus to our first night at Kidani and immediately opened the balcony to see the giraffes outside our window! It was perfect!!

Some animal (no idea what) was making some unusual and loud noises. We all thought it was SO COOL!

Well, everyone except DS4.

It scared the stuffing out of him! He didnā€™t stop shaking for an hour! And, the only word he kept repeating with a panic-stricken look on his face was ā€œcoming!ā€ Needless to say he slept sandwiched between DH & I. (hoping daylight will be a different story!)

Plan to start MK in fantasy land and let DS4 ride the carousel & teacups all day long if he wants to! The poor kid needs some wins!

Hereā€™s to a magical day!

5 Likes

Did you plan to delete your post?

Lol! No! No idea what I did!

Sleep for the win!

DS4 was SO EXCITED to show DD9 the giraffe and other animals from the balcony this morning!

17 Likes

#sacredspaces secured!

17 Likes

Current jungle cruise ā€œlightning laneā€ wait time is 20 minutesā€¦.and weā€™re not halfway through.

That happened to me in October. Waited 30 mins, the line was almost up to Carpets. This week I waited about 15mins with LL.

Ok thatā€™s a scandal. Although I just looked at MDE and it shows 130 minute standby for JC!!! Who in their right mind would wait that long???

3 Likes

Itā€™s the ā€œJingleā€ cruise of course you wouldā€¦Ok maybe not with the kids in tow

2 Likes

I can barely tolerate the 60 minute line for the regular JC and even then I hate myself for it. Itā€™s the most anger-inducing queue in WDW. The Jingle Cruise version gets a big Bah Humbug from me if you have to wait 2 hours for it.

6 Likes

Lightning lane final wait time = 44 minutes.
Now watching scene 1 of carousel of progress twice because they didnā€™t rotateā€¦.

1 Like