First time at UOR after 15 years of only WDW

Lol

2 Likes

Bilge Rat?
Who even wants the history lesson explaining it to kids.

We had “Popeye” and “Canada guy.”
“Dinosaur water” and “giant roller coaster.”

5 Likes

It wasn’t intentional. I had the “Doo” of “Dooms” in my head. And I just woke up :joy:

4 Likes

This was right before we entered the ride. Posted time: 5 min. Actual time 40 min.

That has to be the lowest loading capacity of all rides in Orlando

We liked it. But due to the long wait we were late for our 3 Broomsticks reservation

9 Likes

The screens are in the back and you are not looking at it the whole time. I don’t consider it a “screen ride”.

2 Likes

Met the rest of the group at Three broomsticks. Similar breakfast options. Had the pumpkin juice again.

11 Likes

It was 11:30 when we left Three Broomsticks. Crowded outside.

11 Likes

In regards to the WDW vs Universal Orlando rides versus screens argument, our best day at Universal was seeing the streetmosphere and shows and character meet and greets. We rode a couple of rides too, but really enjoyed seeing Beat Builders and Bourne Stuntacular and running into Beetlejuice. Just standing and taking in Diagon Alley and eating Florean Fortescue’s was great.

We felt the character meet and greets at Universal are so nice. They even have those floats that come out every 30-40 minutes and allow you to pose for photos with the characters. We liked watching the acapella group in NY.

I have a hard time soaking it all in at Disney because I feel like our day needs to be so structured to get in any rides and to feel like I got the value out of my ticket. Affordable AP’s at Universal and express pass made me so much more relaxed and I could actually enjoy our vacation. We could do what we wanted to when we wanted and not what we had on our itinerary.

12 Likes

Everyone wanted to go back to the resort, but I suggested one more attraction. Poseidon’s Fury. It looked like something they would enjoy

11 Likes

Interesting.

On our way out. It looked like it was going to rain.

9 Likes

I’m also very interested to see how Disney-goers react to the lockers they’re building for Tron.

3 Likes

We went back to the resort at 12:10 pm. Started raining right when we took the bus.

I really wanted to go back in the evening to go on a few more rides (at least FJ), but as I mentioned, no one wanted to go - not even the kids. I considered going alone. I had an excuse - to buy a Velocicoaster T-shirt, but it would have been rude to ditch everyone like that. When I saw the wait times stayed long until the end (4th of July crowds perhaps) I gave up.

So this was my last picture. :broken_heart:
Took as we walked out

12 Likes

So, you did breakfast at both the Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks? We’ve done LC before but not 3B. Our travel agent can only get 3B for our August trip. Were the menus the same? Any major differences? My DD loved breakfast at Leaky Cauldron last time, particularly the oatmeal flan. Hoping it’s available at Three Broomsticks as well! Thanks for any info.

4 Likes

We’ve only done Leaky Cauldron too but 3 Broomsticks is going to fit in our plans better so I hope it’s good! We’re not too fussy.

4 Likes

I’m sorry nobody wanted to go back with you!

6 Likes

The menus were very similar, but there were a few differences. For example, I also really liked the oatmeal pudding thing from Leaky Cauldron, but that was not in any of the options at 3B. At 3B, I liked the blueberry pastry in the Continental breakfast, and that was not included at Leaky Cauldron.

Might be worth trying both, but expect a lot of similarities.

4 Likes

Why is everything so polarized these days?

I refuse to pick a side. I don’t have to be either team Disney or team UOR. There are MANY things I dislike about WDW, but I am not a Disney hater.

I can’t enjoy a ride when I’m fighting motion sickness. That doesn’t mean I’m looking for excuses to hate UOR. I will definitely be back for Velocicoaster and Hagrids.

It’s ok to like/dislike both parks for different reasons.

10 Likes

Thanks so much! We’ll probably only do one. I will have to consult my daughters to see if they want to try 3B. That oatmeal pastry at LC was their favourite breakfast thing. It’s too bad we can’t seem to get the reservation there!

3 Likes

We got a vacation package that included breakfast reservations. It’s a good experience, but the breakfast options aren’t great. If I were to go back, I would try lunch or dinner.

5 Likes

We wanted to stay at CB because of the lazy river, but I never had a chance to enjoy. Thought I would least walk around.

12 Likes