First time at UOR after 15 years of only WDW

We liked it!

4 Likes

This reminds me that the last time I went to one of those I overdid it and had a rough night. An isolated incident, I hope.:rofl:

6 Likes

Easy to do!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s me!!! (Not the man :laughing:) :wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3:

14 Likes

Whoa, we were so close!!!

9 Likes

After Hagridā€™s we rushed to the VC. It was 8:48 am

10 Likes

Seeing this guy means that fun is just around the corner

Wild

9 Likes

This was my 3rd time riding it. We rode in the first car and it was a completely different experience.

9 Likes

I count this as a liner meet! :joy:

10 Likes

It takes quite the enemy for you and me to unite against them. But ā€” agreed.

I feel like the Disney crazies here go to UOR desperate to hate it and go out of their way to confirm their preconceptions.

When I first rode Spider-Man in 2017 it blew my mind. Iā€™d never experienced anything like it.

If anything, during the trip Iā€™ve just returned from, I felt more at home at UOR than I did at WDW.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

But also, true!

3 Likes

I think its becoming way more popular.

My Take is I much prefer Universal Studios as a ride park but prefer Disney as a theme park.

I now visit disney and be content and happy wondering a park and doing 2 or three rides i couldnt do that at Uni and be happy.
I visit Uni and do a day of rides basically out of a ride and onto another but couldnt do that at Disney (Ride vs queue length calculation)

5 Likes

Thatā€™s it exactly, we love the thrill rides but it seems like so many people canā€™t do screens or get motion sick here. We only have a few rides in each Disney park that are must dos.

5 Likes

I think there has been some truth to that in the past. And I feel like a lot of people would feel like they had to apologize for visiting UOR much less liking it. Then again, I was always a DISboard participant and they are a little angrier in general.

We always put off UOR because it seemed geared for an older crowd. I am very glad we went. I am not anti screens at all. I think there are good screens - Spiderman, Gringotts, once-upon-a-time Soarin. And there are bad screens - F&F, Simpsons (my neck still hurts). And then middle of the road screens - Remy.

I like interactive screens, like TSMM.

I am blessed to only rarely be affected by motion sickness - FJ. I can see where that is a major turn off. DH will avoid a lot of screens because he doesnā€™t care about rides much to begin with.

I am so glad I went, but I donā€™t see myself returning until they open the other park. By the same measure, I am not sure when I would go to WDW again, either. Iā€™ll wait and see what life throws me. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Not true for me.

4 Likes

I mean, to an extent, chacun a son gout. And fair play to those people who actually try it.

Some crack under the pressure of wanting to see WWOHP. And Hagrid and VC are proving strong draws.

As for screens ā€¦ umm GOTG.

1 Like

9:15 - we finished the VC. I wanted to go on some water rides before lines got insane.

Doodley do falls had a 5 min.

We ended up taking the long way towards Dr.Seuss and passing in front of the park.

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

What?! GOTG has screens? I thought I was in outer space.

Iā€™d drive to FL right this minute for that ride if someone gave me the $400 in gas money.

4 Likes

LOL.

I canā€™t even tell you all the versions of the names of the rides we had. LOL

4 Likes

It turned out to be a good thing, because we walked in front of Dr Doomā€™s which had a 5 min posted wait

Not a fan of this kind of ride, but the boys had asked to go on it, and so we did.

9 Likes