First time at UOR after 15 years of only WDW

Entering the park at 8:03
Most of us got in with no problem, but one of the boys had issues with the fingerprint sensor.

We left him with his dad.
Power walked to Hagrids

7 Likes

When we entered the queue to Hagrids, it was announced that Hagrids wasn’t running, a slight delay.:clown_face:

We decided to wait.

It’s 8:40 and we are still waiting.

It could start running in 1 minute or 3 hours. No one knows :weary:

9 Likes

Almost 9. Decided to ride the Hulk coaster. Our friend didn’t want to ride Hulk stayed in line for Hagrids.

I went alone with the 3 kids. Walking against the 9 rope drop crowd that was headed to Hagrids

6 Likes

Hulk had a 5 min wait. Was about to enter, but nope, had to go back to the locker.

About to enter again, but nope, one of the boys wasn’t tall enough to ride. I stayed with him while the other 2 kids rode.

A cast member ( what are they called here?) offered me a child swap card. Nice! I went to the locker, got my phone and called his dad. He got out of Hagrids line (still not running) and met me near Hulk.

DD12 and the 12 yo boy came out of the ride. They said it wasn’t all that fun. I rode using the child swap.

Agree with the kids. It isn’t bad, but not great either.
3 out 5

7 Likes

Hulk is very intense and thrilling. But it’s not that fun for me due to the headache I get while riding. (Combination of the rumble and clenching my muscles I guess.) I love VC and Hagrid’s so much more.

6 Likes

It was about 9:30 and we had 10 am breakfast reservations at the Leaky Cauldron. A different park.
Walked all the way there. Met the non riders who had stayed at the resort.

9 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. The Hulk just turns you upside down, but with little thrill or air time. One and done for us.

6 Likes

TM, Team Member at UOR

I either forgot you could do this or didn’t realize.
Do you reserve the morning of? and how is it done?

5 Likes

Breakfast voucher was included in our package. Love the theming of Leaky Cauldron.

Celebrated our failed rope drop attempt with a frozen butter beer.

We got up at 6:30 and by 10 had done ONE SINGLE ride. Not even a good ride. No Hagrids. No Velocicoaster. Oh well.

11 Likes

It was included in our package - resort, tickets, breakfast and this cute box

12 Likes

10:40 am. The whole crew of 9 was together and we chose something more family-friendly that had low wait time.

ET :alien:
Nostalgic for us Gen Xers. Probably rode this before but can’t remember. We enjoyed it!

11 Likes

Then we went to Woody Woodpecker coaster. DH only rides these little kid coasters, another reason to get in line.

Posted wait 5 min. It was a solid 30 min wait.

8 Likes

We did MIB next.

Who thinks spinning is fun? And it spins 5 times at the end. :face_with_spiral_eyes: Terrible!

This is another bad ride, though slightly better than Fallon and Fast & Furious.

Thank goodness for Dramamine! The chewable kids version is working really well for me.

7 Likes

Is Hagrids back up yet?

2 Likes

It was back sometime in the morning. We didn’t ride it yesterday.

Right now it is down because of the rain.

4 Likes

12:30: Escape from Gringotts had a manageable 35 min wait.

Interesting queue. They sell beer :beers: (real beer) in there. We all enjoyed the ride!

12 Likes

Cool dudes

11 Likes

I’m sorry. I hope it comes back soon.

3 Likes

Then, rain. Pouring rain. A thunderstorm
Everyone’s ponchos were left in the resort

6 Likes

Is this yesterday or now?
Either case YUCK
I’m sorry. I hate wet feet.

3 Likes