First time at Sanaa

I finally managed to get a Sanaa reservation! It’s on Sunday. I’ve wanted to eat there for years. They had me at bread service! Which was always going to be ordered and shared by all.

Well DD got scheduled a weird shift and can’t come. DH is anti-carbs so he will be no help in eating the bread!

Then today I looked at the menu and nothing else really looks good to me.

Do I just get the bread service as my entree?
Exactly how much bread are we talking here?
Do I cancel and try to find another reservation when DD is available to help me eat all the bread?

Help!!!

I was so excited for this reservation and now I’m just conflicted!

7 Likes

Keep the reservation and eat all the bread! :joy:

7 Likes

def get the bread and try all the sauces/dips!

7 Likes

Here’s a picture of the bread service from my April trip:

It’s 5 pieces of bread, they’re a decent size but flat so I would think you could definitely do that as an entree! We actually thought about getting mobile order again another night and each getting bread service and samosas for dinner :joy:, but they were out of samosas :-1:t2:.

I say go and eat all the bread and then go back another time with DD and get bread plus the opportunity to try other things!

7 Likes

That looks sooo good! Okay I’m keeping it! And eating all the bread!!

9 Likes

It’s delicious! And fun to try the different types of naan and all the different sauces!

1 Like

Also just a heads up, one of the naans is spicy (not unbearably so, but more than normal “Disney” heat to me), and one has cilantro, so if you don’t like either of those things you might want to ask for substitutes of the other kinds! I hate cilantro so I let my family members who don’t think it tastes like soap take that type of bread :joy:

4 Likes

Yes

5 different naan breads

Absolutely not

7 Likes

Tragic! The samosas are delicious!

2 Likes

What is a samosa?

1 Like

We got them when we ate in there, they really are! They were just out when we wanted to do mobile order take away for dinner

1 Like

It’s kind of like a dumpling?

3 Likes

Thank you for this info. Spicy can trigger my asthma and I cough like crazy!

DH thinks cilantro tastes like soap too!

2 Likes

Hmmm that sounds pretty good too.

1 Like

The garlic naan is probably my favorite. But I also like that other one that’s not naan… help me out KatieLouHou. The darker one that has things in it?

2 Likes

I love garlic! That will probably be my favorite too.

2 Likes

Awe crap now I can’t remember either. Those were my favorites too though! The garlic naan and the stuffed whatchadosit without cilantro

2 Likes

One of the providers in my office is from India and when we have pot luck her mom makes us samosas with tamarind chutney :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Is it the paneer?

1 Like

A couple of the sauces are spicy too! Only 2 I think though and the server should point them out when they explain what all the different sauces are. And to me not being able to eat an entire piece of bread is different than skipping a couple sauces!

2 Likes