First Quarterly Earnings call today since the Chapek crash and burn

Yes

So that’s what makes the difference, then.

If you see one show and leave the park, meh - your pass is paid for.
If I enter the park, I am surely staying for more than 1 attraction because otherwise they have made an excessive amount of money as I waste that admission.

Non-APs might be more willing to bite the bullet, and they know that.

3 Likes

But are you spending more money if you are staying in a park? As an AP holder I can hop into a park to eat. Maybe I wouldn’t mind eating at one of those $200 per person restaurants.

2 Likes

I was simply talking about why she would have felt okay leaving the park, nothing else

If you pay for that day, you’re not leaving no matter how busy it is.

If you have an AP no harm no foul in leaving.

I’m as unhappy about price changes as anyone around here, and the pay to play thing has always grated on me.

2 Likes

I was circling back to the topic and Iger’s statements.

This is true. I will say just this trip I’m seriously contemplating getting rid of the AP.
For one, half the time we are in the park DD8 is asking to go back and swim, and it’s getting tougher to get her up and about at an early hour (last year we dropped the stroller so she’s walking now and is more tired).

We find ourselves wondering if we want to do more resort days during our stays, and therefore are we getting our $ worth with the ap?

I could skip 2 or 3 park days and probably save a few hundred in lieu of the AP. I can easily lose the park hopper and commit to one park per day, and next year I’m not getting paying for photo pass. So really, are they going to make $ off of me?

Time will tell.

1 Like

If you’re going to parks on every trip and visiting multiple times a year I would recommend keeping it. The ticket price is what has us shifting from multiple trips in a year to one long trip a year. The cost is astronomical. If you’re looking at resort-only stays though it would be worth it to ditch it.

3 Likes

True. I think at most we will be doing 2 from now on. Especially with flight prices right now!

2 Likes

That’s the other limiting factor.

Yeah. I think next year we will opt to drive, as horrible as it will be, but April vacation flight prices are insane.

Even august is looking scary lol

1 Like

I don’t think it is only April. Flight prices have been brutal for at least the past 9 months.

2 Likes

April is school vacation for the northeast. It’s like Christmas pricing.

1 Like

I have always found that I can do better on flights during President’s week than April vacation.

Here’s the thing though Disney has always been pay to play…even before this nonsense and ESPECIALLY during Igor’s first reign- it’s just a matter of how much we were willing to tolerate…I am in the same but different category on this I often IMO paid to play for an advantage- but I don’t see nearly the advantage I once had. For example on-site guests had tremendous pay to play benefits in the past. Although off property nicer quality rooms were available I paid extra to stay on property for those benefits morning and evening extra hours for all resort guests, no parking fees, ect -now most of those benefits are gone and no longer worth the cost for short trips.

Dining plans used for preferred seating , Dessert parties, Parade dining, ultimate nights, VIP and yes those beloved free fast pass+s - for those of us that stayed on property for the FP advance advantage we paid for that and accepted it because it IMO it gave a better experience….now it’s just not there.

Example-
(2017) My sister wanted to see pandora after beating breast cancer for the second time…

Waits were still about 3hrs standby,

I booked us a room @ SSR - even with the room advantage - at the time both Navi & FOP could not be FP in advance.

I paid to play and booked AK ultimate nights-

1 Like

I am not paying because I don’t feel valued or wanted- not because of cost.

1 Like

Exactly!

1 Like

I am buying your Meet and Greet pass. We met with so many characters this week and we could have met with more. My son never had enough.

1 Like