First Quarterly Earnings call today since the Chapek crash and burn

When I was there in January 2020 I went into Y&Y while it was still light. When I came out and it was dark but all lit up I teared up from the beauty of it. It was a truly magical thing.

4 Likes

Agreed. I never made it a priority or tried to shoe-horn it into my plans. If it worked, fine. If it didn’t work, also fine. It was nice but not amazing

2 Likes

Coco

3 Likes

A meet and greet “pass” would be a good revenue maker. More characters at different hotels, buy a pass for the family and get to LL them (or something to that effect)
It boggles the mind how many characters they could add for meet and greets.

2 Likes

So funny,
I just posted this morning that G+ was $20 pp today. Said hell no, rope dropped and rode a bunch of MK rides and now I just got back from the pool. So Disney didn’t get my money for G+ or my money for snacks at the park (ate snacks in my room instead).
They Lost money on me today :grin:

5 Likes

Another one I’d love to see!

1 Like

A favorite for sure

1 Like

Bob Iger just keeps winning!

Bob Iger beats Nelson Peltz in Disney board battle | CNN Business

1 Like

Meh. One and done for me. But I know plenty like it.

If Kristen Anderson-Lopez is in, I’m in.

https://twitter.com/lyrikris10/status/1623530005153083393?s=46&t=H8Fbpo7SEEeIigRVur1pOA

3 Likes

Dang, Iger does not hesitate to throw some shade:

Iger was critical of Peltz in his interview: “There is not a need, plus, he has not articulated either a vision or even ideas that are of particular value to us,” Iger said. “Now, some, he has, but we were already working on those.”

It has been fascinating to watch how confidence builds confidence from other people.

2 Likes

I agree. One off specials don’t bother me. Toy Story 4 bothered me a lot. :rofl:

1 Like

The 2pm rule really doesn’t help with me either as far as spending more on food I am spending FAR LESS - I have never really been one to head out of the parks once I am in - but the whole 2 pm rule not only has me spending less but LEAVING whatever park I am in and heading elsewhere at lunchtime- sometimes back to the room for a health lunch I made or outside altogether, considering we are no longer bound to the dining plan or dependent on MDE & Disney for transportation grabbing lunch and or dinner at places Soupa Saiyan is actually what seems to be happening- at least in my family…

Where we used to be adamant fans of the deluxe dining plan for our trips and once arriving on property not leaving until checkout- I can’t, no I take that back- I won’t go back to eating crappy overpriced awful hot dogs and hamburgers…

I know my complaints about bringing back the dining plan fall mostly on deaf ears but *it made disney money * instead it’s turned me into the AP holder Chapek was trying to get rid of.

3 Likes

I don’t know if my heart could handle a sequel, I love the movie but it makes me ugly cry like no other

Just coming back here to say Disney is not making any $ off of me this week.
G+ again $20 on our HS day. We stayed in the park for 3 hours (one of them for lunch), saw the Indians Jones stunt show, and left because every ride was >1 hour wait.
Spent more time at the pool than the park. I guess the price hike is working :rofl:

Epcot should be interesting today. g+ is $22 (another NOPE) but we are going to rope drop a few rides.

I hope @len and his peeps are tracking G+ costs daily so we can get some sort of prediction calendar in the future. I’m pretty floored the prices haven’t gone below $20 since we checked in Wednesday.

3 Likes

Yep Liners are posting on chat today and yesterday that DHS was too crowded for them yesterday.

That’s probably the biggest complaint Disney gets from guests. (Spending too much money to have to stand in line.)

Disney is trying to tweak it with APRs & LL, etc. I don’t envy the task.

1 Like

I think they are incredibly short sighted with the talk about APs and it impacts how I am willing to spend my money.

Maybe first timers are willing to spend a lot of money on their “once in a lifetime “ trips but I think they are missing how much I used to spend on after hour events, signature dining, fireworks dessert parties and other upcharge events since I don’t need to run from one attraction to another.

I feel foolish. I was planning on treating my sister and niece to a HEA dessert party my next trip. I am now back to maximizing the money I spend at non-Disney owned restaurants. Of course I have mentioned in the past how unreasonably stubborn I am and how long I stay angry.

6 Likes

Hahah def me

Must be a Massachusetts quality :thinking:

I’m seriously now in the mindset of getting rid of all the g+/fast pass and actually having lines move at a decent pace.

But also I think AP/DVC should get one free Lightening lane a day as a perk.

4 Likes

Are you AP?