First Mobile Order denied :( be warned DON'T hit 'prepare my food'

This explains something from my 2012 trip…

3 Likes

oh no – did I mess up your 2012 trip? :wink:

1 Like

Long story short, we didn’t know there were buses :joy:

2 Likes

But, but, take a bus (shudder) when there is that lovely ferry or monorail sitting there waiting.

2 Likes

Do you want to be first at the tapstyles? or not?

2 Likes

I thought the buses were a temporary addition due to reduced capacity in the monorails? They are continuing even those the capacity was increased?

2 Likes

I have no idea

I took the bus in Dec 2019 and Feb 2020. I think they were not a COVIDthing. I don’t know if they are always available/running normally

3 Likes

I think there has always been a bus in the mornings

2 Likes

Great, I didn’t know that

Thanks! That is definitely not what I learned on chat!

1 Like

I just really hate buses. I suspect it is because my hindbrain suspects that any moment someone with farm animals could get on. I have been on one with more farm animals than people.
Thinking about it, I don’t think we’ll have any use for the buses. We’ll have a car and we’ll take that everywhere except MK. We’ll drive to MK the first time and take the ferry, after that we’ll take the boat over from Fort Wilderness.

1 Like

The Bus

Well… there is a story here! :laughing::laughing:

Yeah I wouldn’t rely on it because it seems like it’s … not reliable. But I’m fairly certain it’s true. I’ve ridden the bus a couple of times from TTC to gates but more as a fallback option than a plan.

4 Likes

Farm animals on buses is a Thing in 3rd world countries, at least ones that still have farm animals. I was going from Belize to Cozumel. Mexico doesn’t allow Belizian buses into their country, which is ironic. So, it was one bus to the border, then I had to haul my scuba gear about 60’ across the border to the Mexican bus.
In Belize, the bus was basically a school bus. I get on and I see all the animals and I take an empty seat near the front. The road is desolate and you can’t see any other roads or buildings. But every now and then a person is waiting on the side of the road and the bus stops. A woman without farm animals, showered and dressed primly took the seat next to me even though there were empty seats. I thanked her.

You are probably wondering what the Mexican bus was like. It was a First class Mexican bus. The inside was like an International First Class on a plane 20 years ago. Except you got your own snacks and there wasn’t champagne. And they kept it about 60F, so I slept with all my clothes piled on top of me.

3 Likes

Sorry, I haven’t been on in a while, but we had a small issue attempting precisely what you describe at Grand Floridian which we overcame. See this post: Bob and Weave. Hopefully you haven’t gone yet and can do what we did.

I already made my trip, and we just Lyfted to TTC/parking lots. About 1hr 15 before park open each day, worked just fine (though that was before 50th celebration started). We weren’t at the very front of any rope drop crowds, but when combined with some fast walking/lack of kids and strollers, we did just fine. Thanks for the tip though! Maybe it’ll be useful for someone else around here :wink:

Resort parking with a mobile order has been a long time secret, but i think that secret is out, but still not DIsney policy. We have used it, but as @vcka has stated, we do not click “I’m here,” until we are inside, just in case. We’ve never been turned away, but i wouldn’t be surprised if and when it does happen.

Both Poly and Contemp security, do more to scrutinize and actually look to confirm MO or reservations. They also have very limited parking.

Some other resort security ask to see a driver’s license and let us in on the honor system, without checking if we have a MO or reservation. Or perhaps its my FL driver’s license. I’m not sure. I think your odds are better, if its not Poly or Contemp.

Its not policy, or promised, but I’m glad when it works out.

Yes, we successfully used it in June at Poly by just showing the MO and ID. I made DH drive me, so if we were denied he could drop me off between Poly and GF and I’d just walk in. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve had more issues w/ poly than CR. The last time I was at CR for a SH-71 ADR they didn’t even look at my res on my MDE and barely looked at my ID. AND recently both CR and Poly MO have a notice that only resort guests are allowed to order. If guards know this then they have a reason to turn you away legitimately.

I never show this and only use my military ID. I’ve considered lieing and saying I was staying at SoG but I really hate lieing.